Humboldt Community School Science Vision: All Iowa students graduate with the understanding of scientific concepts and practices to make sense of scientific phenomena in order to critically and creatively respond to local and global issues, make informed, evidence-based decisions, and actively participate in civic and cultural affairs.
NGSS Innovations: Every content area outlines a set of instructional shifts needed to effectively implement the Iowa Core State Standards
- Making Sense of Phenomena and Designing Solutions to Problems
- Three-Dimensional Learning
- Science and Engineering Practices (SEPs)
- Crosscutting Concepts (CCCs)
- Disciplinary Core Ideas (DCIs)
- Coherent K–12 Progressions
- Alignment with English Language Arts and Mathematics.
- All Standards, All Students