High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Monday, January 24
- State Jazz Band Festival
- G WR & JV NCC Tournament @ home 5:00
- Tuesday, January 25
- BB @ Algona, G JV 3:45, B JV 5:00, G V 6:15, B V 7:45, B 9th 6:15 (Algona MS gym)
- Thursday, January 27
- B JV BB @ Gilbert MS 6:00-JV reserve game followed by Varsity reserve game
- V WR @ West Marshall 6:00
- B 9th BB @ home vs Emmetsburg 6:30
- Friday, January 28
- BB @ home vs St. Edmond JV G 3:45, JV B 5:00, G V 6:15, B V 7:45
- Dance Team silent auction fundraiser during basketball games
- Booster Pie Auction during basketball games
- Saturday, January 29
- Dance Team Youth Clinic 8:00-2:00
- JV WR @ Pocahontas 10:00
- Dance Team Night 7:00
- Monday, January 24
- The school’s phone system is still out of order. Century Link is working on it. If you need to call the high school, please use 515 332-9755. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- National Honor Society Prospective Members meeting: Any junior or senior who has a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above is invited to apply for National Honor Society. We will be having a meeting before school on Wednesday at 7:45AM in the auditorium lobby to pass out application materials and to discuss the process. If you are unable to attend please see Mrs. Hayes. All materials are due back by 8:00 AM on Monday, February 7th.
- On Friday, January 28th, there will be a silent auction fundraiser held during the home basketball games. All proceeds will benefit the Humboldt Dance Team. Previews of items that will be on the auction can be seen on the Humboldt Dance Team Facebook page. The dance team clinic is Saturday, January 28th. Participants should arrive by 9:50am. Performance of routines will be begin at 12:15pm. Admission is $5. Age 10 and under are free. If you attend the clinic show and want to come see the dance team showcase in the evening, make sure to get a ticket so you don't have to pay admission twice. Humboldt High School Dance Team Night "One Team, One Dream", is this Saturday, January 29th at 7pm in the high school gym. Admission is $5. Age 10 and under are free.
- Softball clothing—forms are available on the table outside of the office. The deadline to order is February 4.
- Silent Auction Friday, January 28th at the Basketball Quad in the Humboldt High School Cafeteria starting at 5pm! Proceeds support the Humboldt Dance Team!
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar—Tuesday, January 25, 5-8 @ Algona High School commons. $3.00-fundraiser for Algona music programs.
- Northwest Iowa Community College will be here on Feb. 7 at 9 am. Sign up outside the office if interested.
- Two branches of the military will be here this week during the lunch waves for students interested in visiting with them. Wednesday, Jan 26 Marines and Thursday, Jan 27 US Army.
- Minnesota West is hosting a Scrubs Camp on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, for juniors and seniors. Join them from 9 am - 12 pm and explore careers in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician, Radiologic Technology, and Surgical Technology. Space is limited so RSVP online today! https://www.mnwest.
- La’ James International College has an Amazing Opportunity for 2022 Graduates interested in Cosmetology, Esthetics, Massage Therapy, or Nail Technology as a future career. They are waiving the Enrollment and Registration Fee ($150 savings) during the month of January for all 2022 Graduates! call 888-880-2108 press 1 for Admissions or visit www.LJIC.edu
- On February 11th, current 10th and 11th graders have the opportunity to participate in the Career Academy Visit Day. This is a great opportunity to see what the academy is all about. There are seven different career pathways to choose from; Business, Computer Science, Liberal Arts, Health Sciences, Manufacturing Technology, or Teacher Academy. Students attend the academy for half a day and can earn up to 18 college credits for free. That is a savings of over $4,500! Students interested sign up on the table outside the office by Feb. 10th.
- OPEN HOUSE this spring for high school juniors and seniors to learn more about the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) mason mechanic support and apprenticeship programs.
Date: Wednesday, March 30
Where: BAC3 Training Center, 601 S 12th Ave, Marshalltown
When: 10:00am - 12:30pm
The visit will include:
- a tour of the training center
- Info on the BAC's mason mechanic support and pre-apprentice programs
- how to apply to the BAC3
- BAC3 benefits and wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- FAQ with contractors and apprentices
- Hands-on bricklaying
RSVP using the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWNuvd7gUgiebcs6rfktKdk9OfeoUzjVa_ln7vGlKMVe0mhg/viewform
- ICCC rep. will be here on Jan 25 at 10 am for any juniors or seniors who would like to visit with them. Sign up outside the office if interested.
- Wildcat Warriors Game Club-We will be meeting every Monday in the Media Center from 3:30 to 5:30. Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- FCA Wednesdays at Mrs. Beach's House (44 Rainbow Drive) 6:15. Would love to have you join us for a light meal and time in the Word.
- Cat Cafe punch cards are available for purchase in the high school office. Cost is $10 for $11 worth of punches. The Cat Cafe will hold your card for you, so you'll always have funds for your favorite Cat Cafe drinks!
- If an event will be live-streamed, and the host school informs me of this, I will put the live stream URL address on our activities calendar. This will create an icon (looks like a movie camera) that serves as the link to that website. There is a sample attached of what that icon looks like. If there is not an icon, I haven't been informed by the host school about live streaming.
We will plan on live streaming all high school activities that happen in the high school gym on our HUDL camera:
YouTube: Humboldt Wildcat Productions https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5pYg6YTITgbbzLSNS4xuA
Our activity calendar can be found at: https://www.northcentralconf.org/public/genie/176/school/8/
The North Central Conference link is:
You can click on any school in the conference. Many of the non-conference schools calendars can be found by googling their conference main pages (Ex: for Manson-NW google "The Twin Lakes Conference" and a list of their conference schools will appear. Click on the school we are visiting). Not all AD's are using this feature in rSchool, but I will put the link on our calendar as soon as I know it is live streaming.
Some live streams will require a subscription. Some of those will cost money, but many are free. Many are just simply linked to YouTube. At this time, ours is free Please share this with family, friends and patrons. Greg Thomas
- Scholarship Opportunities-The following link will take you to scholarship information and applications.