High School Announcements
- Thursday April 1st will be an even day for those kids that have PE that day. Juniors/Seniors should report to PE and Freshman/Sophomores report to study hall.
- Seniors-If you have Silver Cord hours that have not been turned in, please complete the paperwork and turn in to Emily in the office as soon as possible.
- All vehicles must stop when lights are flashing at crosswalk. Pay attention as you are leaving school!
- There will be a meeting for all girls (9th-12th) who are going out for softball this summer on Wednesday during homeroom, 9th period, in Mr. Van Pelt’s room.
- Junior athletes will need to report to homeroom March 29-April 8 to prepare for the ISASP testing.
- Girls Track clothing can be ordered through April 4 using the following link: https://humboldttrackfield21.itemorder.com/sale
- Additional Prom information can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14vlElaf43tEBlg64vM2ZFgMCRZrQJL1PHFWAJZj3KOk/edit?usp=sharing Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 24. The make-up date is May 15. COVID mitigation strategies will be followed during this event with face masks required for all participating students and guests.
- The Spring Musical, “Annie” will be April 15, 16 & 17. Ticket information will be available at a later date.
- Humboldt Family Aquatic Center hiring for lifeguards & concession/admission staff. Applications can be picked up at the Rec Center and must be returned by April 23rd!
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.
- Simpson College Representative will be here on April 8th at 10 am to meet with any 11th graders interested. Sign up outside the office if interested.
- The Dallas Clark Foundation is a nonprofit organization established by Dallas Clark, a native of Livermore, Iowa. One of the initiatives of The Dallas Clark Foundation is to assist students from the Humboldt and Kossuth County area who are pursuing post-secondary education by awarding college scholarships. This year, The Dallas Clark Foundation is awarding ten $3,000 scholarships. To apply for a 2021 Dallas Clark Foundation Scholarship, please complete this application and mail it to P.O. Box 44, Livermore, Iowa 50558 on or before April 16, 2021.
- The ACACIA Leadership Scholarship is designed to identify and reward outstanding high school seniors who have demonstrated their ability to excel in the fields of academics, extra-curricular school activities, and community involvement. The scholarship is available to any male, graduating senior from an accredited high school who attends Iowa State University. The scholarship is awarded by the local Corporate Board of Alumni of Acacia Fraternity. Preference for the awarding of the scholarships is given to students who are members of the fraternity. Demonstrated financial need is not a criterion. This scholarship is NOT transferable to another person or attendance at another university. Deadline: April 1, 2021. For application go to: https://acacia-iowastate.org/?page_id=137
- The Sue Beach Memorial Scholarship has been established to honor the memory of Sue Beach, who loved her family, had a passion for education, and found great joy in giving and blessing those around her. Two scholarships will be awarded annually to one male and one female Humboldt High School graduating seniors pursuing a post-secondary degree in the field of education. To be considered for one of these scholarships, please complete the application and mail it to: 201 12th St. SW, Humboldt, IA 50548 on or before Friday, April 16th, 2021. Applications are available on the table outside of the office.
- The Nokomis Woodworkers club is offering a $400 scholarship to a Humboldt High school graduating senior who plans to enroll in a carpentry, construction, building trades or woodworking related program. Interested applicants may pick up a scholarship application on the table outside the office and return to the office by April 2, 2021.