High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Monday, April 1
- 9B JV & V Golf @ Manson-NW Webster 4:00 (Manson Country Club)
- G JV & V Golf @ home vs Manson-NW Webster 4:30
- Postponed--B Soccer @ Webster City V 5:30; JV 7:30
- Tuesday, April 20
- G JV & V Golf @ Oak Ridge Golf Course-Goldfield 4:30
- B JV & V Golf @ Humboldt Country Club 4:30
- G Track @ Pocahontas 4:30
- B Track @ Webster City 4:30
- Thursday, April 22
- Drake Relays
- G Varsity only Soccer @ Home vs Aplington-Parkersburg 5:00
- B V Soccer @ Belmond-Klemme (Masks required by all spectators)
- Friday, April 23
- G JV & V Golf @ Humboldt Country Club 4:30
- B JV & V Golf @ Algona Country Club 4:30
- B Track @ Pocahontas 4:30
- G V Soccer @ Humboldt Soccer Field 5:00; JV 1 half only following varsity
- Saturday, April 24
- Monday, April 1
- Thursday, April 22-Drake Relay Schedule:
HS Boys 3200 Run 9:28 AM--HS Boys D. Med. 11:37 AM--HS Girls Shot Put 1:30 PM--HS Boys 110 HH 1:46 PM--HS Boys 1600 Run 2:33 PM--HS Boys 4 x 400 3:07 PM. Good luck to all of the athletes competing!
- The high school portion of the Drake Relays this year will be on 1 day only, Thursday, April 22nd. HS Schedule: https://godrakebulldogs.com/documents/2021/3/31/2021_DR_Schedule.pdfTicket Information: https://www.draketix.com/drakerelays Since we have students participating in the Drake Relays, students may attend the Drake Relays and it will be an excused absence (school function). Students will need to provide proof of attendance (wristband/ticket stub) in the high school office. We encourage you to get your homework ahead of time from your teachers if planning to attend.
- Humboldt girls' and boys' track teams will be competing at Nevada on Thursday, May 13th starting at 4:00 PM in the 3A C0-Ed State Qualifying Track Meet. Tickets for state qualifying meets are $6. All sites will utilize HomeTown Ticketing, which creates a digital ticket for spectators. Tickets for all sites and classes will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 10 through the IHSAA Tickets page.
- ICAN hosts FREE webinars each Wednesday as part of their commitment to helping students continue the planning process throughout the pandemic. You can stream these events LIVE from any device and ask questions of ICAN student success advisors during the presentations. Sessions are streamed to the ICAN Facebook page, or you can register and watch via Zoom. Wednesday webinars are scheduled through September 2021 and you can view the full schedule at www.icansucceed.org/videos. Order your yearbook online soon before the prices increase in May. The john number is 2968, or you could type in our school's name: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/?event=general.displayLanding&jobnumber=2968
- ICCC is still accepting enrollments for their FREE Summer College Credit Program. Students do not need to take ALL courses offered for a specific program (like Nursing), but rather enroll in the course(s) they can successfully manage this summer. Current enrollment counts below:
- BIO-168 – 8 spots left (out of 40)
- BIO-173 – 35 spots left (out of 40)
- HSC-113 – 15 spots left (out of 40)
- HSC-172 (Webster City location) – 7 spots left (out of 10)
- CIS-198 – 16 spots left (out of 20)
- CIS-332 – 16 spots left (out of 20)
Use the following link to the enrollment form: https://www.iowacentral.edu/high_school_partnerships/syp/sccp.asp Samantha McClain in the Bookstore will be sending out an email to students on April 21st to let them know how they will be receiving textbooks for these courses. Contact Mrs. Powers for any questions.
- Safe School Helpline® is a 24 hour service that allows our school community to anonymously report wrongdoing or concerns such as violence, drugs/alcohol, vaping, bullying, etc. There are multiple ways to make an anonymous report. These include:Call 1-800-4-1-VOICE, ext. 359 (418-6423)Text 66746 then type TIPS.Safe School Helpline® mobile app on an Android or Apple phonehttps://www.safeschoolhelpline.com/Your calls and messages will not be traced, and you will not be identified. The Safe School Helpline® team will transcribe and fax your message to necessary school officials and/or the LEC, so appropriate action can be taken. More information will be coming out soon. Please direct questions to administration.
- Just a reminder:Check your speed in the parking lot Make sure you are parking in an actual parking spot. This is for the safety of all individuals and allows necessary vehicles enough space to safely get through. We have had multiple reports of concerns. Consequences may be given which could include detention, ISS, OSS, suspended license, tickets, etc. Thank you, Administration!
- Online courses end on Monday, April 19th. Students will continue to report to study hall until the 19th even if they are finished with the course. Students enrolled in virtual or face-to-face courses will follow the finals schedule. See Mrs. Powers for the schedule. Remember to turn in your textbooks.
- Campus clean up has been rescheduled to Thursday, April 22 during homeroom.The Humboldt Music Boosters are holding their monthly meeting on Monday, April 19th at 6:30 PM. All music parents are encouraged to attend!! The meeting will be held in the High School Media Center. See you there!
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- If any student would like to help produce the senior video, please contact Craig Orness at 515.890.0508. This video will be shown at graduation and the senior breakfast. This can be used for Silver Cord hours. You do not need to be a senior to help with the video.
- Numerade is hosting free finals and AP test prep exam sessions with expert educators! These sessions will review essential topics as well as offer students the opportunity to ask direct questions. Here is the schedule for the initial live video sessions:
- Tuesday, April 20th - 5:00 pm PST - Calculus
- Wednesday, April 21st - 5:00 pm PST - Physics
- Thursday, April 22nd - 5:00 pm PST - Chemistry
- Monday, April 26th - 5:00 pm PST - Statistics
Sign up using the link below. Space is limited.
- Attention Senior Parents! We need your help getting pictures for the senior video. What we need is a current picture and a fun younger picture of your senior. When you submit the picture, please have the picture labeled with at least their last name. They do NOT need to be high resolution. Here is how to submit them.
1) Email them to email@example.com
2) If you have a gmail account, you can upload them directly to this
- Seniors—Silver Cord hours need to be turned in by May 1.
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.We are excited to be able to have the Senior Breakfast this year on Thursday, May 20, at 9:00.This year, the breakfast will look a little different from the past and will be for students only and will be held in the HS Cafeteria. If you plan to attend, please let the office know by April 30 so we have a count for meals. Students are asked to pay $10 to cover the cost of the breakfast, and that can be taken care of in the office.
- Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 24. The make-up date is May 15. COVID mitigation strategies will be followed during this event with face masks required for all participating students and guests. Additional Prom information can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14vlElaf43tEBlg64vM2ZFgMCRZrQJL1PHFWAJZj3KOk/edit?usp=sharing
- Tickets are on sale ($15 HHS student, $18 Non HHS Student) from 4/13-4/21 DURING LUNCH WAVES. If your guest is from out of town or graduated high school, then you need to have the permission slip (outside of the office) signed before purchasing the tickets.
- Prom tickets need to be picked up from your junior or senior homeroom teacher on Friday, April 23rd. If you are not able to pick them up, then find Mrs. Newton anytime until midnight on Friday the 23rd in the cafeteria.
- Junior & Seniors-You should have received an email last week to register yourself & date to attend Post Prom. Please also complete the google doc link included in that email. This is in addition to the 2 release forms that need signed for the activities.
- Release forms for After Prom activities (Escape Room and Inflatables) are available on the table outside of the office. There is a separate release for each of the activities. Please pick up your release form/forms and return to the basket on the table prior to April 22. Escape Room Form Inflatable Form
- Ag Coop Safety Directors of Iowa Scholarship-Deadline: April 30, 2021This scholarship is available for any Iowa High School seniors who may be continuing their education in an Agricultural or Safety related field after high school. Complete the application and submit an essay on "What does Ag Safety mean to you?" One letter of recommendation from a non-family member is also required. The applications are available on the table outside the office.