High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Friday, May 7
- State Large Group Music Festival @ Spirit Lake –Band 6:30; Chorus 7: 00-Admission: Adult-$7 Student-$5-Mask required
- Saturday, May 8
- B Golf @ Carroll Country Club
- B Soccer Tournament @ Carroll High School-10:00 Humboldt vs Carroll-FB field-12:00 Championship-FB field; Consolation-Middle School
- Friday, May 7
- The following students were recognized Wednesday evening by Humboldt Rotary as the Top 20 in the class of 2021. Congratulations!!!
Bae Arnold Kailee Dettmann Zachary Frideres Lilyan Groat
Jayda Hoefer Leah Manz Kylie Moser Lauren Murray
Abbie Orness Quinton Orr Cassondra Ruzicka Fletcher Satern
Sydney Savery Kaylee Shaner Morgan Smith Aneisha Sritharan
Esmeralda Tejeda Eric Wittrock Carson York Emily Zaugg
- The Senior Art Show will be in the auditorium lobby on Wednesday, May 12th from 5:00 - 6:30 pm. Senior art students will be presenting a collection of their pieces created for the event. All are welcome to attend. There will be prepackaged refreshments available for those attending the show.
- Any girl planning to go out for volleyball in the fall who missed the meeting during homeroom Wednesday, please stop by to get a packet from Mrs. Beach (Room #21) as soon as possible!
- If you are interested in Football Cheer for next Fall please sign up in the Media Center...if you have any questions please contact Pam
- Silver Cord Opportunity--Boone Valley Betterment Association is looking for volunteers to help with the Renwick town celebration, June 5. If you are interested, please contact Abby Kunert at email@example.com
- Wildcat Football Camp—There will be a football meeting on Monday, May 24 @ 6PM in the gym for all who are interested in playing next fall. Click on the link for the camp registration form. Wildcat Football Camp
- ISASP make-up tests will continue through the end of this week. These tests are required by the state, and we are making every effort to have students make-up these assessments during study hall. However, there may be a time when students will need to make-up the test during a scheduled class period. Thanks for your support as we close out the 2021 ISASP testing window.
- End of year library dates—
- All Senior books due Friday, May 14th
- ALL student books due Friday May 21st. If students need to keep a book longer for a project, they can let Pam know in the library.
- Looking to volunteer this summer? Daily opportunities from 7am-2pm. Please see Mrs. Nielsen
- Silver cord opportunity: Volunteers needed to place flags for Memorial Day. Placing flags at Court House and at Veteran graves in Humboldt Co. with enough volunteers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Humboldt girls' and boys' track teams will be competing at Nevada on Thursday, May 13th starting at 4:00 PM in the 3A C0-Ed State Qualifying Track Meet. Tickets for state qualifying meets are $6. All sites will utilize HomeTown Ticketing, which creates a digital ticket for spectators. Tickets for all sites and classes will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 10 through the IHSAA Tickets page.
- Special Olympics will be having their track and field competition in Humboldt at the high school on May 11th! It will be during school hours (More info will be coming soon!) If you would like to purchase a t-shirt, follow the link below! To have your shirt here by the 11th, your order must be turned in by Friday April 30th.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- Senior Awards Night is Wednesday, May 12th at 7:00 pm in the High School Auditorium. All students are welcome to attend, however, only seniors who will be receiving a scholarship or an award received an invitation and will be honored that evening. Please be sure to RSVP to Joni.
- Attention Seniors! If you have not turned in your photos for the senior video, email them to email@example.com We would like a recent one and a younger version. Deadline is May 10th. Call Craig if you have questions. 890-0508
- Senior Breakfast—Thursday, May 20 9:00-high school cafeteria
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.
- ICAN hosts FREE webinars each Wednesday as part of their commitment to helping students continue the planning process throughout the pandemic. You can stream these events LIVE from any device and ask questions of ICAN student success advisors during the presentations. Sessions are streamed to the ICAN Facebook page, or you can register and watch via Zoom. Wednesday webinars are scheduled through September 2021 and you can view the full schedule at www.icansucceed.org/videos.
- 2021-2022 SYBAC Applications Accepted until May 14. The Statewide Youth Broadband Advisory Council (SYBAC) is a unique opportunity for motivated high school students to research and discuss broadband and Internet topics, learn about Iowa technology companies, and discover technology careers.
- Students entering 10th - 12th grades may apply.
- Monthly meetings by video conference.
- SYBAC runs from September 2021 through April 2022.
- Students: Submit a Membership Application.
- Teachers: Complete the Teacher Recommendation.
- For more information: https://icn.iowa.gov/sybac?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery