High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Thursday, October 27
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:30. Two hour early dismissal.
- Friday, October 28
- No School
- Varsity Football Playoffs @ home vs Hampton-Dumont7:00. $8.00 admission, tickets need to be ordered online.
- Saturday, October 29
- State Cross Country @ Lakeside Municipal Golf Course, Ft. Dodge 10:30
- Parents’ Performance-Fall Musical 7:00
- Thursday, October 27
- There will be a player meeting for anyone grades 8-12 interested in playing softball in the High School Media Center at 7:30 AM on Friday, Nov. 4th with Coach Schuelke.Reminder--FUEL will be closed next week.
- Triton Visit Day at ICCC will be held on November 11th from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm for juniors, seniors, and parents. ICCC will be giving away three full tuition scholarships as well as other giveaways. If you are interested in attending the visit day, you can register at www.iowacentral.edu/admissions/visit.asp Students planning on attending this event will need to have a parent call the school prior to November 11th and plan on returning to school when the visit day is over.
- Ms. Westerhoff will be having senior from 1:00 until 3:00 each afternoon until interviews are completed. If you need to contact Ms. Westerhoff anytime after 1:00 pm, please send her an email. If it is an emergency, please come to the office.
- Sarah Scharf from ICCC will be at the high school on Tuesday, November 1st, from 12:30-2:30 to meet with students wanting to visit about anything college related, including questions regarding college applications, scholarships, FAFSA completion as well as questions concerning Triton Academy and Career Academy. If you would like to meet with Mrs. Scharf, you may come to the office anytime between 12:30 and 2:30 on November 1st.
- A college representative from Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids will be at the high school on Wednesday, November 2nd, at 9:30 am to meet with interested juniors and seniors. If you would like to meet with the Kirkwood admissions rep, please sign up in the office.
- Iowa State University will have an admissions rep at the high school on Monday, November 7, at 9:15 to meet with any interested juniors and seniors. If you would like to meet with the college rep to learn more about Iowa State, please sign up in the office.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Thursday, October 27. There will be no school on October 28. The high school office will be closed on Friday, October 28.
- Walk-in conferences will be held on Thursday, October 27, 4:00-7:30. Walk-in conferences with individual teachers are offered for all students and provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to talk with teachers about their students' academic progress and achievement. During this session, teachers will be in their respective classrooms and will meet with parents on an individual basis.
- The 2 hour early dismissal schedule for Monday and Thursday will be as follows:
2 Hour Early Dismissal
Period 1 – 8:15 – 8:44
Period 2 – 8:48 – 9:17
Period 3 – 9:21 – 9:50
Period 4 – 9:54 – 10-:23
Period 6 – 10:27 – 10:56
Period 7 – 11:00 – 11:29
Period 5A – 11:33 – 11:55
5B – 11:59 – 12:21
5C – 12:25 – 12:47
Period 8 – 12:51 – 1:20
- Congrats to the football team earning a home game in the playoffs! Great work, guys! The football team keeps on going, so we will too. We are looking for some folks to help in the concession stand. Some of our usual helpers are not available on Friday and we'd really appreciate the help if you are able. Please sign up on the link below and thanks in advance!
- The Fall Musical, Into the Woods, will premiere next week Thursday Nov. 3rd, Friday Nov. 4th, and Saturday, Nov 5th at 7:00 pm. Tickets are available in the office and will also be available at the door. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for students. Due to Football Playoffs, tickets purchased for Friday's performance may be moved to a Saturday Matinee at 2:00 pm depending on Friday's game results.
- The Halloween Costume Dance is this Thursday night from 8-11pm. School dress code is enforced. Tickets will be on sale Tuesday and Wednesday at lunch. Tickets are $5 early or $6 at the door. No outside guests.
- Tickets – Tickets for Friday’s 1st round playoffs vs H-D/CAL go on sale at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, October 25 through HomeTown Ticketing ($8.00 K-Adult). Everyone must purchase a ticket online. We will be live streaming on YouTube: Humboldt Wildcat Productions.
- PE Opt Out Activity Logs need to be completed by anyone that has opted out of PE (exceptions would be varsity football and those still running with cross country). These logs need to record activity each week from the time your fall activity ends until your winter activity begins. Forms are available outside of the office.
- The wrestling store is now open. Store closes at midnight on October 30. When you order, at the checkout select "Pick up" to save on shipping cost. Coach Beaman will pick up items.
- Any new wrestlers, freshmen and/or managers need to see Coach Beaman after school this week for a practice schedule and remind code.
- Parents-we will have a preseason parent meeting on November 11 in MS cafeteria.
- There will be a brief Girls Basketball Meeting on Thursday right after school. Any player who intends to play basketball this year should plan to attend. Be there or be square!
- 2024 marks the 80th "anniversary" of D-Day. We have been given a special opportunity to go on a trip overseas to commemorate all of the D-Day activities/tragedies. Please review the following trip itineraries on the Google Form below and vote for the trip you'd be most likely to go on. When considering, please remember that the trip has to be during the first half of June to coincide with D-Day commemoration. Review the itineraries & Vote here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HzOIWk8J-mhCN2sqob9G2aujHzKViWcAeZXaFeUTPCE/edit?ts=635961f7
- Interested in getting together with friends to talk about award winning books? Join Battle of the Books club. They meet once a month to discuss current award winning books. Create a team (or join an existing team) to form a book club. Permission slips are in the office. First meeting will be Tuesday, November 1st, right after school. See Mrs. Short for questions.
- Humboldt High School Dance team is having a T shirt fundraiser to help support the team throughout their season. State Dance Team shirts can be ordered using this link until November 1st Please help to support your wildcat team.
- Coach Savery is looking for 9th grade boys basketball managers. If interested please email him at email@example.com
- Click on the following link for scholarship opportunities. Scholarships The link should be working now. This link will be updated as additional scholarship opportunities are available.
- Senior pictures (digital copies, please) are due to Mrs. K by the end of the Thanksgiving Break. Please contact her if there will be issues getting those in by the deadline. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATS Time-students should select their CATs for Monday on Friday and select Thursday’s CATS on Wednesday. They shouldn't choose for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
- Wildcat Warrior’s Game Club will meet every Monday in the media center from 3:30-5:30. Dungeons and Dragons, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, RoboRally, Splendor and many more…Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- Menu choices can be found at the following link: https://lookup.nutrislice.com/en/