High School Announcements
No School Thursday and Friday, November 26 & 27. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Congratulations to the varsity girls basketball team on their victory over Pocahontas!! Nice job, Wildcats!
- On behalf of the music department, I would like to share with the public, the following information about upcoming music performances during the month of December. Parents received communication from directors earlier this week. Here’s an excerpt from the letter with regard to the way in which performances will be conducted during December. “All ensembles (K-12) in the school district will be distributing recorded performances via an online platform for your viewing pleasure this season. While the concept of an online concert isn’t ideal, we are so very fortunate to be making music with the students during the school day.” While the process of recording performances is a new experience for many students, particularly the younger grade levels, we are in the process of obtaining all the necessary licencing agreements to share student performances for a limited period of time with parents and the community at large. Many publishers require that the performance only be accessible for 48 hours and then removed in order to allow school districts to share the music with little or no charge. So, in order to stay abreast of the performance release dates, we are encouraging everyone to follow our page on Facebook. Search for “Humboldt Music Department” on Facebook and then click the “follow” and “like” buttons. Watch for announcements and viewing information to be posted on the Humboldt Music Department Facebook page in the upcoming month.
- Career Academy students need to turn in their textbooks to their instructors following their finals. in the event students do not return books to the instructors, please bring them to the high school office by Dec. 2nd at 8 am. If students are not returning to the Career Academy 2nd semester, they will need to turn in their SurfaceGo laptops as well. For textbooks and computers not returned, students will be billed and will not be able to enroll in future ICCC courses until bills are paid. Students who plan to continue the 2nd semester in the Career Academy may keep their laptops.
- The HHS 2021 yearbook is being sold online only this year. In case you missed the first email sent out, the link to order yours is here: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/2968 Prices of the yearbooks go up second semester, so order yours now.
- Seniors should turn in their senior photos for the yearbook to Mrs. K by the end of Christmas break. Emailed digital copies are preferred. If your photo will be submitted later than this, please let Mrs.K know.
- Humboldt Students and parents. The weight room is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons right after school for any Humboldt student/athletes not out for a winter sport. The strength program is set up to improve all athletes in both strength and speed, it is not sport specific. If you'd like to know more, please contact Coach Elman (firstname.lastname@example.org) The weight room will also be closed to middle school students in accordance with the governor's proclamation. No middle school weight room on Wednesdays and Fridays. Go Cats!!
- High School Activities
- Monday, Nov. 30 Girls WR @ home vs LeMars 6:00
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 BB @ home vs MNW-JVG 3:45, JVB 5:00, VG 6:15, VB 7:45
- Thursday, Nov. 3 BB at home vs Clarion/Goldfield-9/10th G 6:30, 9th B 7:45
- Wrestling @ Estherville/Lincoln Central 6:30
- Friday, Dec 4 G WR @ home vs Atlantic 4:40
- V WR Tournament @ home 4:30