High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Monday, December 6
- B JV/V BB @ Ogden JV 6:00/V 7:17
- Thursday, December 9
- JV/V WR @ St. Edmond 6:00
- B 9th/10th BB @ Forest City (Middle School) 6:30; 6 quarters
- Friday, December 10
- B V WR @ Central Decatur 3:30
- BB @ Clear Lake-G JV 3:45; B JV 5:00, G V 6:15, B V 7:45
- G WR @ Algona 5:00
- B JV WR @ Algona 5:00
- Saturday, December 11
- Winter Wonderland Dance 8:00-11:00
- Monday, December 6
- The Humboldt Dance Team recieved division I ratings in all three of their routines at state competition. They placed 4th in hoopla and kick. They placed 2nd in pom. Lydia Witkze, McKenna Mathis, Macy Berte, and Tricia Kellner all received division I ratings for their solos. Lydia placed 6th overall.
- Winter Formal is this Saturday, December 11th, from 8PM-11PM in the cafeteria. Below are more details about Winter Formal: - Tickets will be available Wednesday, December 8th through Friday, December 10th during lunch waves. - Tickets are $5 in advance and $6 at the door. - There will be a sign up sheet in the office for any guests who do not attend HHS. No middle school guests or guests over 20 will be allowed to attend. Guests must bring an ID (permit or license) to the dance for admittance. - TRE Photo will be at the dance for a great group picture or a cute couples picture. Pick up an order form from the office counter. - Semi-formal attire (no jeans) is requested for Winter Formal. No tuxedos or prom style dresses are necessary. - Have questions? See Mrs. Myers in Room 3.
- Dental screenings for freshmen will be on December 10—this is a date change.
- Wildcat Warriors Game Club. We will be meeting Monday, December 6 in the Media Center from 3:30 to 5:30. Bring a new game to teach someone or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- Choir and Band concert will be Decemebr13 at 7:00 p.m. A free will donation will be taken. Call time for the band is at 6:00 p.m.
- FCA meets on Wednesdays at the home of Ted Beach (201 12th St SW). A light supper is served.
- Cat Cafe punch cards are now available for purchase in the high school office. Cost is $10 for $11 worth of punches. The Cat Cafe will hold your card for you, so you'll always have funds for your favorite Cat Cafe drinks!
- If an event will be live-streamed, and the host school informs me of this, I will put the live stream URL address on our activities calendar. This will create an icon (looks like a movie camera) that serves as the link to that website. There is a sample attached of what that icon looks like. If there is not an icon, I haven't been informed by the host school about live streaming.
We will plan on live streaming all high school activities that happen in the high school gym on our HUDL camera:
YouTube: Humboldt Wildcat Productions https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5pYg6YTITgbbzLSNS4xuA
Our activity calendar can be found at: https://www.northcentralconf.org/public/genie/176/school/8/
The North Central Conference link is:
You can click on any school in the conference. Many of the non-conference schools calendars can be found by googling their conference main pages (Ex: for Manson-NW google "The Twin Lakes Conference" and a list of their conference schools will appear. Click on the school we are visiting). Not all AD's are using this feature in rSchool, but I will put the link on our calendar as soon as I know it is live streaming.
Some live streams will require a subscription. Some of those will cost money, but many are free. Many are just simply linked to YouTube. At this time, ours is free Please share this with family, friends and patrons. Greg Thomas
- Scholarship Opportunities-The following link will take you to scholarship information and applications.
- The 2022 Yearbook is now on sale for early-bird pricing ($45 unengraved, $49 engraved). Yearbook orders must be placed online with the following link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1071698/Humboldt-High-School/2022-Yearbook/2021081913313111358/CATALOG_SHOP/