High School Announcements 8/28/23
● High School Activities
o Monday, August 28
▪ Cross Country @ Webster City 5:00
▪ JV Volleyball Triangular @ home, 5:30
▪ JV Football @ Spencer, 6:00
o Tuesday, August 29
▪ Musical Auditions 5:30-7:30
o Wednesday, August 30
▪ Musical Auditions 5:30-7:30
o Thursday, August 31
▪ Volleyball @ Webster City, 9th/10th JV @ 6:00, V 7:30
o Friday, September 1
▪ Football @ Ballard, 9th @ 4:45, V 7:30
● Jostens will be meeting with all SOPHOMORES on Friday (SEPT 1) during CATS Time
● Seniors: There will be a Google Form sent to you during CATS time TODAY to nominate 3 senior boys and 3 senior girls into this year’s Homecoming Court. You will be available to nominate your classmates until 4PM on Wednesday, August 30th. Any questions, see Mrs. Myers.
● Wildcat Warrior’s Game Club will meet every Monday and Thursday in the media center from 3:30-5:30. Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. Many new games Gloomhaven, Marvel Dice Throne, Turing Machine, Sorcerer’s Arena and Her Story to name a few.. To join the REMIND, send a text to 81010 and text this message @3ce28be–Mr. Lauger and Mr. Doslund
● Hey, Wildcat Family! The Music Boosters are in need of help in the concession stand for 7-12 football season. Please sign up using the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuaIJH4Prbnj15p4A06cLwytcxEocXP77zUbGtbfH4k/edit?usp=sharing
● Auditions for “Emma the Musical” will be held on August 28 and 29, 5:30-7:30. Audition packets are on the table outside of the office.
● This season’s Humboldt High School football shirts for students and fans are available to order with this link: https://humboldtfootball2023.itemorder.com/shop/sale/ All purchases must be made by September 5th. ● The Humboldt High School 2024 yearbook online ordering link is now available here. Special early bird pricing is now available through September 15th. Gets yours now before the price increase! If you wish to pay for a yearbook via cash or check, please contact the yearbook advisor at email@example.com for instructions. ● 2023 yearbooks will be delivered to first-period classrooms on the first day of school. If you are off campus 1st period, your yearbook will be in room 20. Graduated 2023 seniors can pick theirs up in the office now.
● Silver Cord Opportunity—PATHS is hosting a Back To School Bash on September 11, 5-7 PM. Any high school student interested in volunteering and earning Silver Cord hours, please contact Brittany Ganeff at firstname.lastname@example.org
● RVTV will be in town on Thursday, September 7.
● The Humboldt Dance Team will be hosting ‘fill the truck events’ over the next several weeks. ▪ Football game September 8th from 6-7:45pm we will be set up at the high school between the admission gate and concession stand. We will be collecting animal shelter supplies: bleach, pinesol, pee pads, gloves, kong toys, taste of the wild dog food, honest kitchen dog food, redford grain free wet cat food, treats, red/blue kote, towels, martingale style collars, and slip leads. ▪ Homecoming football game on September 22nd from 6-7:45pm we will be set up at the high school between the admission gate and concession stand. We will be collecting new and gently used clothing items and blankets for people in need. ▪ At all of these events, we will also have a bucket for monetary donations for local shelters.
● High School and Middle School Picture Day—September 12; Taft & Mease—September 14. Retake Day—September 28. Watch the announcements for more details on ordering.
● Want to travel the world? Join Humboldt High School in 2025 on a trip to PANAMA. It will be an exciting adventure with lots of memories to be made. To check out all about the trip, click here. There will be an informational meeting in September. Watch your announcements for the meeting date and time! Any questions, please contact Mrs. Myers ( email@example.com ) at the high school.
● There will be an Iowa DNR hunter safety class at the ISU extension office on Sumner Avenue on August 28, 29and 30. Please enter the class on the North entrance of the building. The class is required for anyone wanting a hunting license that was born after January 1 1972, and anyone over the age of 16. The class starts at 6:00 and ends at 9:00. The class requires advance registration, which can be done on the Iowa DNR web site www.iowadnr.gov/training. The min age for the class is 12 years old.