- Good luck to girls basketball today. Eighth grade plays Iowa Falls-Alden here at 4:15, no limit on spectators, masks required for students, strongly recommended for adults; 7th girls play at Iowa Falls, dismiss at 1:55, bus leaves at 2:10, game starts at 4:15 at Riverbend Middle School , 2 spectators per athlete.
- Parent-student-teacher conferences will be held Tuesday from 4-7:30 and Thursday from 4-7:30. Plan to attend at your scheduled time.
- FCA will meet after school Wednesday in the music room.
- Upcoming middle school concerts: Thursday, March 4th middle school chorus in the high school auditorium; Monday, March 8th 5th & 6th and 7th & 8th band concerts. See details below.
- Kindness sheets are due tomorrow.
*Music Booster Club monthly meeting is February 22nd at 6:30 p.m. in the high school media. All music parents are invited to attend.
*Mid-term grades have been posted on Infinite Campus. Check your portal to view your child’s grades.
*Yearbooks may be ordered during conference or at any time until May 15th. Cost is $17.00.
*We ask that parents who do not yet have an Infinite Campus account, to please take a few minutes during conferences to set up your account. Stop in the office for the information you need to set up your account.
*Bills for registration, computer repairs, band resale and lunch may be paid online or at conferences. Check your Infinite Campus portal for fees owed.
Humboldt Community Schools is excited to bring our winter concerts to our families and the public. The pandemic has created many unique obstacles, situations and challenges for everyone. We would like to take an opportunity to thank our fine arts teachers and directors for their efforts to keep our students healthy while working with the premise to find a way for the "show to go on". They have done amazing things on a daily basis! Thank you!
Our regulations, recommendations and guidelines are ever-changing. As of now, we held our elementary concerts virtually like we did this fall due to the large number of students involved in these concerts. At the middle school and high school levels, we will hold virtual concerts as well, but we will be inviting a limited audience to attend these concerts in person. Every student will be able to have a limited number of spectators, depending on the ensemble they are in.
In order to accommodate this, concert times will be altered and time built in to help cycle through our HVAC system to help remove aerosols and get fresh air in the auditorium. We will split some concerts up, use extra nights and possibly use alternative locations, such as the high school gym if needed, to accommodate the crowds.
Winter/Spring Concert Dates/Times:
Thursday, March 4
7:00 PM - Middle School Chorus - Auditorium
7:30 PM - High School Choirs - HS Gym
Monday, March 8
6:00 PM - 5th and 6th Grade Band
7:00 PM - 7th and 8th Grade Band
Tuesday, March 9
7:00 PM - High School Band
Saturday, March 27
700 PM - Soundsations
Everything is being done within the framework of what we can offer in a safe, positive environment for our students, directors and our audience. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.