Note from Taft
February 25, 2020
Follow us on Twitter
Humboldt IA Elem
Follow us on Facebook
@OfficialHCSD or Humboldt Community School
Parent Teacher Conferences Reminders:
- Report cards were sent home with students; please review.
- Please be on time for your conference. If you have forgotten your time or need to make a change please contact your child's teacher.
- Support the PATHS Bake Sale by donating items and/or purchasing goodies.
- SCRIP gift card orders will be available for pick up from a PATHS member.
- Check the Lost and Found for items your child may be missing. We will also have items that have been left on school buses at Taft, Mease and Middle School. If you child is missing items from the bus you might want to check all locations. Items remaining after conferences will be donated.
- Thursday is the final day to purchase an elementary yearbook. Cost is $17.00. Cash or check payable to Humboldt Schools. The elementary yearbook includes both Taft and Mease School students and staff.
- There is No School on Friday, February 28th and the office will be closed.
Preschool Open House for 2020-2021 will be held at Mease Elementary on Tuesday, March 24th. This will be a Come and Go between the hours of 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.. If you have a child that will be 4 years old by September 15, 2020 please contact Michelle Thomas in the Mease office to sign up. You can reach her at 515-332-3578 or email her at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting these prospective preschoolers and their parents soon!
After School Program has openings. This program is for preschool through 4th grade students and is housed at Taft Elementary. Please contact Cadie Arends at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at 515-890-1014.
Humboldt Parks & Rec Outdoor Soccer registration forms were sent home with all Taft students. The season starts April 18th and registrations are due to the Rec Center by April 5th.
Reminder: If there is a late start on a Wednesday due to weather, we will not have an early out that day. We will release at the usual times as on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Dates to Remember:
February 25 - Parent Teacher Conferences
February 27 - Parent Teacher Conferences
February 27 - Elementary Yearbook Orders Due
February 28 - No School; Comp Day
SCHOOL DELAYS, EARLY OUTS, CANCELLATIONS - you should be getting a phone call, text or email depending on how your have your parent account set up in Parent Portal. We also use the following means to communicate to the public. Radio stations FM 97.7, FM 94.5 and FM 96.9 and TV WHO Channel 13. We also have the school hotline that you can call at any time 332-9700.
"It is the policy of the Humboldt Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, religion, marital status or socioeconomic status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.7. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy please contact the Humboldt Community School District, Lisa Thul, Assistant Finance Manager, 23 3rd St N, PO Box 130, Dakota City, IA 50529; 515-332-1330 or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; web site: http://www.state.ia.us/government/crc/index.html."