Thursday, May 12, 2022
A Day – Day 5 band lessons
- Seventh baseball practice starts Tuesday, May 17.
- Seventh grade baseball hats are in. $20. Checks can be made out to Humboldt Baseball. See Mr. Thurm.
- Current 8th graders who plan to play football next fall will meet with Coach Elman Monday during prime time in the cafeteria.
- Good luck to Coach Ross and varsity girls track team as they participate in the state qualifying meet today.
- Humboldt Rec Department has information in the office on the Fall Co-ed Flag Football program for current 5th graders. LINK
- Band/choir slips from current 5-7 graders were due yesterday. Make sure you get your slip returned so we can schedule your classes for next year.
- Humboldt County Extension and Outreach are partnering with Pocahontas Extension and Outreach to provide the program On Their Own and Okay on June 9th in Gilmore City. This 4-H youth development guide is designed to strengthen skills in youth who may care for themselves and/or siblings during the afterschool hours. This publication is focused on youth who are home alone for a limited time. Items on the agenda: Participants will start off creating a schedule of a routine, learn about safety at home while they are by themselves, how to handle emergencies, and learn safe and healthy recipes they can make on their own. Link to registration form: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/humboldt/page/projects
- 6th grade & 7/8 choirs will be singing this Tuesday, May 17th at 7:00 p.m.at the Parade of Choirs concert in the high school auditorium. We will have a 6-12 grade combined choir to finish the evening. Free will donation will be collected at the door. 6th grade choir will meet in the middle school music room at 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday.