Wednesday, September 7, 2022
A Day – Day 2 band lessons
Please double check the Opaa! lunch menu as there are some slight changes for the month of September. Due to staff shortages, we will have a reduced lunch menu option.
Option 1 is: Super Nachos, Option 2 is Caesar salad.
Make sure you raise your hand for your selection so the cooks can pepare the correct number of lunches. Teachers the orders need to be recorded on the google doc 1st period.
Lunch menu: link
- Just a reminder that only water in a water bottle or bottle with a lid is allowed in the classrooms.
- Cy-Hawk Rivalry will take place downtown tomorrow night. Wear your Hawkeye or Cyclone clothing to school tomorrow. (No face paint or hats). The Cyclone Regional Wrestling Training Center will be doing a demonstration on main street for Humboldt Students Thursday evening at 7:00 during the celebration. Coach Kevin Dresser and several of his athletes will be on hand to sign autographs before and afterwards.
- Picture Day will be September 13 for middle school students. LINK
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will begin today for all 5th-8th graders. We meet in the middle school band room every Wednesday from 2:30-3:45. Come join the fun!!!
- We do not have Study Table today. You will need to leave the building and return 10 minutes before practice time.
- Who likes popcorn? The winning grade level will have a popcorn party for bringing the most money for the Childhood Cancer fundraiser. Competition ends September 14. Childhood cancer awareness T-shirt orders are due tomorrow. LINK
- Band apparel order is available online. Check out the cool designs and place your order by Sept. 12. Absolutely no late orders will be accepted. Proceeds benefit the band department. LINK
- Homecoming t-shirt orders will be accepted through September 11. LINK
- The Humboldt Dance Team will be hosting 'fill the truck events' over the next couple of weeks. The first event will be t the volleyball game on September 13th from 5-7:30pm. We will be collecting animal shelter supplies: bleach, pinesol, pee pads, gloves, kong toys, taste of the wild dog food, honest kitchen dog food, redford grain free wet cat food, treats, red/blue kote, towels, martingale style collars, and slip leads. At the volleyball game on September 27th from 5-7:30pm we will be set up at the high school near the back cafeteria/gym doors. We will be collecting new/gently used blankets for animal shelters and homeless shelters. At the Homecoming football game on September 30th from 6-7:45pm we will be set up at the high school between the admission gate and concession stand. We will be collecting clothing and food items for people in need. At all of these events, we will also have a bucket for monetary donations. The final proceeds from the collection bucket will be split between Moffitt, Peace Creak, and Lazy J Rescues. Several dance teams across the state participated in events like this last year. Humboldt was able to raise more money than any other team in the state! Follow the Humboldt High School Dance Team on Facebook to stay updated on the results from these community based fundraisers.