High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Thursday, January 20
- 9th B BB @ Storm Lake 6:30-1 game
- WR @ home vs Manson-Northwest Webster 6:30
- Friday, January 21
- Girls State Wrestling @ Xtreme Areana, Coralville
- BB @ Clear Lake JV G 4:30 (Clear Creek Elementary), JV B 4:30, V G 6:15, V B 7:45
- Saturday, January 22
- District Large Group Speech @ Manson
- Girls State Wrestling @ Xtreme Arena Coralville
- WR NCC Tournamnet @ St. Edmond 10:00
- Thursday, January 20
- Silent Auction Friday, January 28th at the Basketball Quad in the Humboldt High School Cafeteria starting at 5pm! Proceeds support the Humboldt Dance Team!
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar—Tuesday, January 25, 5-8 @ Algona High School commons. $3.00-fundraiser for Algona music programs.
- If you have books from Mrs. Reekers’ first semester classes, please return the books to her as soon as possible.
- Open Campus, PE Opt Out and Schedule Change forms are available on the table outside of the office. There is also a tray to return to completed forms. Schedule change forms are due January 20. You must reapply 2nd semester for PE Opt Out and Open Campus.
- There will be open gym at Alpha Gym on Sunday. Jan. 23rd from 2-3 PM with Coach Jess Harklau supervising.
- On February 11th, current 10th and 11th graders have the opportunity to participate in the Career Academy Visit Day. This is a great opportunity to see what the academy is all about. There are seven different career pathways to choose from; Business, Computer Science, Liberal Arts, Health Sciences, Manufacturing Technology, or Teacher Academy. Students attend the academy for half a day and can earn up to 18 college credits for free. That is a savings of over $4,500! Students interested sign up on the table outside the office by Feb. 10th.
- OPEN HOUSE this spring for high school juniors and seniors to learn more about the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) mason mechanic support and apprenticeship programs.
Date: Wednesday, March 30
Where: BAC3 Training Center, 601 S 12th Ave, Marshalltown
When: 10:00am - 12:30pm
The visit will include:
- a tour of the training center
- Info on the BAC's mason mechanic support and pre-apprentice programs
- how to apply to the BAC3
- BAC3 benefits and wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- FAQ with contractors and apprentices
- Hands-on bricklaying
RSVP using the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWNuvd7gUgiebcs6rfktKdk9OfeoUzjVa_ln7vGlKMVe0mhg/viewform
- ICCC rep. will be here on Jan 25 at 10 am for any juniors or seniors who would like to visit with them. Sign up outside the office if interested.
- Wildcat Warriors Game Club-We will be meeting every Monday in the Media Center from 3:30 to 5:30. Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- FCA Wednesdays at Mrs. Beach's House (44 Rainbow Drive) 6:15. Would love to have you join us for a light meal and time in the Word.
- Cat Cafe punch cards are available for purchase in the high school office. Cost is $10 for $11 worth of punches. The Cat Cafe will hold your card for you, so you'll always have funds for your favorite Cat Cafe drinks!
- If an event will be live-streamed, and the host school informs me of this, I will put the live stream URL address on our activities calendar. This will create an icon (looks like a movie camera) that serves as the link to that website. There is a sample attached of what that icon looks like. If there is not an icon, I haven't been informed by the host school about live streaming.
We will plan on live streaming all high school activities that happen in the high school gym on our HUDL camera:
YouTube: Humboldt Wildcat Productions https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5pYg6YTITgbbzLSNS4xuA
Our activity calendar can be found at: https://www.northcentralconf.org/public/genie/176/school/8/
The North Central Conference link is:
You can click on any school in the conference. Many of the non-conference schools calendars can be found by googling their conference main pages (Ex: for Manson-NW google "The Twin Lakes Conference" and a list of their conference schools will appear. Click on the school we are visiting). Not all AD's are using this feature in rSchool, but I will put the link on our calendar as soon as I know it is live streaming.
Some live streams will require a subscription. Some of those will cost money, but many are free. Many are just simply linked to YouTube. At this time, ours is free Please share this with family, friends and patrons. Greg Thomas
- Scholarship Opportunities-The following link will take you to scholarship information and applications.