High School Announcements
- As part of the high school's effort to ensure a safe and secure educational environment, we ask that students only use the main doors in the front of the building, or the main doors in the back of the building (by ramp leading to student parking lot) to enter or exit the building. Alarms are being installed on all secondary external doors. Do not use these doors unless directed to do so by a staff member or in case of emergency.
- Congratulations to the Humboldt Jazz Band for placing 1st place in class 3A at the 50th Annual Hoover JazzFest!
- Junior athletes will need to report to homeroom March 29-April 8 to prepare for the ISASP testing.
- Additional Prom information can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14vlElaf43tEBlg64vM2ZFgMCRZrQJL1PHFWAJZj3KOk/edit?usp=sharing Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 24. The make-up date is May 15. COVID mitigation strategies will be followed during this event with face masks required for all participating students and guests.
- Student Senate forms are in the office. Make sure to get the one for the grade you will be going into NEXT year. All forms are due back March 30.
- It’s not too late---The Trap team is still accepting students for the season and registration forms are in the office.
- An admission representative from ICCC will be here on March 30 at 10:30 to meet with any Juniors interested in attending Iowa Central. Please sign up on the table outside the office.
- Seniors who plan to attend ICCC in the fall need to sign up for their time to meet with admission counselors on March 30th starting at 12:30 so you can get registered for your classes. Sign up outside the office.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.
- The SCCP supports the Governor’s Future Ready Iowa goals of providing greater access to college-credit coursework, and also encouraging students to pursue credentials linked to high-demand jobs. Iowa Central has been approved to offer the following courses from the Nursing Program and Computer Languages Certificate Program this summer: Students can take one or more classes. Use the link for more information and to register. https://www.iowacentral.edu/high_school_partnerships/syp/sccp.asp
- Understanding the Financial Aid Process-Monday, March 29th @ 6:00 PM The Iowa College Access Network will provide a virtual presentation on Understanding Financial Aid Process for Juniors. This information will be very helpful when you go to apply for financial aid after Oct. 1, 2021. This will also be recorded for those who are not able to zoom in. Use the link below to register.
- The Dallas Clark Foundation is a nonprofit organization established by Dallas Clark, a native of Livermore, Iowa. One of the initiatives of The Dallas Clark Foundation is to assist students from the Humboldt and Kossuth County area who are pursuing post-secondary education by awarding college scholarships. This year, The Dallas Clark Foundation is awarding ten $3,000 scholarships. To apply for a 2021 Dallas Clark Foundation Scholarship, please complete this application and mail it to P.O. Box 44, Livermore, Iowa 50558 on or before April 16, 2021.
- The ACACIA Leadership Scholarship is designed to identify and reward outstanding high school seniors who have demonstrated their ability to excel in the fields of academics, extra-curricular school activities, and community involvement. The scholarship is available to any male, graduating senior from an accredited high school who attends Iowa State University. The scholarship is awarded by the local Corporate Board of Alumni of Acacia Fraternity. Preference for the awarding of the scholarships is given to students who are members of the fraternity. Demonstrated financial need is not a criterion. This scholarship is NOT transferable to another person or attendance at another university. Deadline: April 1, 2021. For application go to: https://acacia-iowastate.org/?page_id=137
- Humboldt Mutual Insurance Association is excited to again award up to five (5) - $1,000 non-renewable scholarships to graduating HS seniors or College students completing Freshman, Sophomore or Junior years to be used for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applications must be completed online by March 26th at the following link. https://www.humboldtmutualinsurance.com/scholarship.html. Winners will be selected from eligible applicants by Scholarship Committee
- The Sue Beach Memorial Scholarship has been established to honor the memory of Sue Beach, who loved her family, had a passion for education, and found great joy in giving and blessing those around her. Two scholarships will be awarded annually to one male and one female Humboldt High School graduating seniors pursuing a post-secondary degree in the field of education. To be considered for one of these scholarships, please complete the application and mail it to: 201 12th St. SW, Humboldt, IA 50548 on or before Friday, April 16th, 2021. Applications are available on the table outside of the office.
- The Nokomis Woodworkers club is offering a $400 scholarship to a Humboldt High school graduating senior who plans to enroll in a carpentry, construction, building trades or woodworking related program. Interested applicants may pick up a scholarship application on the table outside the office and return to the office by April 2, 2021.
- Kenneth & Constance Koob Memorial Charitable Scholarship-This Scholarship is awarded in memory of Connie Koob. She gave her heart and a hand to those in need of food, clothing, healthcare, utilities, disaster relief as well as victims of domestic abuse. She advocated for policies and funding to help the most vulnerable. Professionally, she was most proud of her efforts to encourage people to get involved in their community. In 2004, after a tornado destroyed the Koob home, the Humboldt community helped the Koobs relocate to Humboldt. In her memory we would like to award this scholarship to a senior planning to further their education in a career helping others. Please write an essay regarding how you plan to help others in your career and send it to: Mr. Curtis Koob at email@example.com. This award will be presented at Senior Awards night. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MARCH 30th.