High School Announcments
- High School Activities
- Thursday, April 8
- B V Soccer @ home vs Storm Lake 5:00
- G V Soccer @ Storm Lake 5:00
- Friday, April 9
- Girls JV/V Golf @ Pocahontas 4:30
- Boys JV/V Golf @ Home vs Pocahontas 4:30
- G Track @ Hampton-Dumont 4:30
- B V Track Charlie Bunn Relays @ home 5:00
- Thursday, April 8
- ISASP testing will be held the week of April 12 for students in grades 9-11. Watch your email and tomorrow’s announcements for the final testing schedule.
- If any student would like to help produce the senior video, please contact Craig Orness at 515.890.0508. This video will be shown at graduation and the senior breakfast. This can be used for Silver Cord hours.
- Attention Senior Parents! We need your help getting pictures for the senior video. What we need is a current picture and a fun younger picture of your senior. When you submit the picture, please have the picture labeled with at least their last name. They do NOT need to be high resolution. Here is how to submit them.
1) Email them to email@example.com
2) If you have a gmail account, you can upload them directly to this
- Senior Breakfast will be held on May 20. More details will be sent to seniors in a separate e-mail.
- April 9th (THIS FRIDAY) - During homeroom on Friday we will be going outside to pick up our school grounds. Please wear appropriate outdoor shoes on Friday. Every homeroom will have a spot designated to pick up trash. Spread out and work together. Your homeroom teacher will have a trash bag. Fill the trash bag as much as you can and toss it in the dumpster by the back ramp. Treats will be handed out when you come back in to wash your hands. Help us make Humboldt High School look great for the first home track meet on Friday. Go Cats!
- Junior athletes will need to report to homeroom March 29-April 8 to prepare for the ISASP testing.
- The Spring Musical, “Annie” will be April 15, 16 & 17. Ticket information will be available at a later date.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.
- Volunteer opportunities are available at the Humboldt County Historical Museum throughout the summer. Some of these opportunities include working in the gardens, giving tours to the public and helping at special events. If you are interested, contact the museum director, Erica Knudson, at 332-5280 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The museum also offers a Humboldt County Youth History Club for students 11-18 years of age. If you are interested in joining the club, visit the museum website http://www.humboldtcohm.org/
- Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 24. The make-up date is May 15. COVID mitigation strategies will be followed during this event with face masks required for all participating students and guests. Additional Prom information can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14vlElaf43tEBlg64vM2ZFgMCRZrQJL1PHFWAJZj3KOk/edit?usp=sharing
- Be our guest!! Come show off your talent at pre-prom. The forms are outside of the office, and need to be submitted to Mrs. Newton by Friday, April 9th.
- Release forms for After Prom activities (Escape Room and Inflatables) are available on the table outside of the office. There is a separate release for each of the activities. Please pick up your release form/forms and return to the basket on the table prior to April 22. Escape Room Form Inflatable Form
- Reminder: Only four more days to order your After Prom shirt (orders due by April 11th). After Prom is beach-themed this year. If you are unable to purchase a shirt, please contact Mrs. K at email@example.com. We don't want anyone to be left out as we start this new tradition of everyone wearing the same shirt to After Prom.
- Ag Coop Safety Directors of Iowa Scholarship-Deadline: April 30, 2021 This scholarship is available for any Iowa High School seniors who may be continuing their education in an Agricultural or Safety related field after high school. Complete the application and submit an essay on "What does Ag Safety mean to you?" One letter of recommendation from a non-family member is also required. The applications are available on the table outside the office.
- The Dallas Clark Foundation is a nonprofit organization established by Dallas Clark, a native of Livermore, Iowa. One of the initiatives of The Dallas Clark Foundation is to assist students from the Humboldt and Kossuth County area who are pursuing post-secondary education by awarding college scholarships. This year, The Dallas Clark Foundation is awarding ten $3,000 scholarships. To apply for a 2021 Dallas Clark Foundation Scholarship, please complete this application and mail it to P.O. Box 44, Livermore, Iowa 50558 on or before April 16, 2021.
- The Sue Beach Memorial Scholarship has been established to honor the memory of Sue Beach, who loved her family, had a passion for education, and found great joy in giving and blessing those around her. Two scholarships will be awarded annually to one male and one female Humboldt High School graduating seniors pursuing a post-secondary degree in the field of education. To be considered for one of these scholarships, please complete the application and mail it to: 201 12th St. SW, Humboldt, IA 50548 on or before Friday, April 16th, 2021. Applications are available on the table outside of the office.