High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Thursday, April 29
- G Golf @ Goldfield (Oak Ridge Golf Course) 4:30
- B Soccer @ Mason City 4:45
- G Soccer (Varsity only) @ home vs Garner-Hayfield/Ventura 5:00
- G 7 b Varsity Track @ Storm Lake 5:00
- Friday, April 30
- G Golf O Iowa Falls-Alden (Meadow Hills Golf Course) 4:30
- B Golf @ home vs Iowa Falls-Alden 4:30
- G & B Varsity Soccer @ home vs Hampton-Dumont G-4:30, B 6:15
- Saturday, May 1
- G Golf vs Clarion-Goldfield-Dows 9:00 AM (Clarmond Golf Course)
- G Golf @ Storm Lake 9:00 AM (Lake Creek Country Club)
- Thursday, April 29
- Final softball open hitting practice Saturday, May 1, 10:00 on softball diamond for any girls grades 8-12.
- Silver cord opportunity: Volunteers needed to place flags for Memorial Day. Placing flags at Court House and at Veteran graves in Humboldt Co. with enough volunteers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Trap Shooting meets will be Wednesday, April 28 at Palmer and Saturday, May 1 @ Ackley. Good luck to our high school students that participate!
- The baseball online apparel store is open. Order can be made through May 6. The store can be accessed at https://stores.inksoft.com/WS52850.
- The Humboldt County Fair invites girls ages 16-21 to participate in the Queen contest. Please submit the Contest Form by midnight on June 18th, 2021. We look forward to meeting you at the interview process this summer (determined at a later date). Any questions please contact Kayla Newton at (515) 890-0502 or email@example.com
- Humboldt girls' and boys' track teams will be competing at Nevada on Thursday, May 13th starting at 4:00 PM in the 3A C0-Ed State Qualifying Track Meet. Tickets for state qualifying meets are $6. All sites will utilize HomeTown Ticketing, which creates a digital ticket for spectators. Tickets for all sites and classes will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 10 through the IHSAA Tickets page.
- Special Olympics will be having their track and field competition in Humboldt at the high school on May 11th! It will be during school hours (More info will be coming soon! If you would like to purchase a t-shirt, follow the link below! To have your shirt here by the 11th, your order must be turned in by Friday April 30th.
- ICAN hosts FREE webinars each Wednesday as part of their commitment to helping students continue the planning process throughout the pandemic. You can stream these events LIVE from any device and ask questions of ICAN student success advisors during the presentations. Sessions are streamed to the ICAN Facebook page, or you can register and watch via Zoom. Wednesday webinars are scheduled through September 2021 and you can view the full schedule at www.icansucceed.org/videos.
- Order your yearbook online soon before the prices increase in May. The john number is 2968, or you could type in our school's name: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/?event=general.displayLanding&jobnumber=2968
- Safe School Helpline® is a 24 hour service that allows our school community to anonymously report wrongdoing or concerns such as violence, drugs/alcohol, vaping, bullying, etc. There are multiple ways to make an anonymous report. These include:
- Call 1-800-4-1-VOICE, ext. 359 (418-6423)
- Text 66746 then type TIPS.
- Safe School Helpline® mobile app on an Android or Apple phone
Your calls and messages will not be traced, and you will not be identified. The Safe School Helpline® team will transcribe and fax your message to necessary school officials and/or the LEC, so appropriate action can be taken. More information will be coming out soon. Please direct questions to administration.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 7:15 AM in Room #21.
- 2021-2022 SYBAC Applications Accepted until May 14. The Statewide Youth Broadband Advisory Council (SYBAC) is a unique opportunity for motivated high school students to research and discuss broadband and Internet topics, learn about Iowa technology companies, and discover technology careers.
For more information:
- Photos still needed for Senior Video--- We need your help getting pictures for the senior video. What we need is a current picture and a fun younger picture of your senior. When you submit the picture, please have the picture labeled with at least their last name. They do NOT need to be high resolution. Here is how to submit them.
1) Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) If you have a gmail account, you can upload them directly to this link.
- Seniors: Check your email for a Google Form to fill out. You will be voting on the "Senior Favorites" that appear in the yearbook. Please complete the form by Friday, April 30.
- Seniors—Silver Cord hours need to be turned in by May 1.
- Senior Music Banquet will be held on Saturday, May 8th. It will start at 5:30 and usually lasts a couple hours. The students will receive an invite with more information when the time gets closer.
- We are excited to be able to have the Senior Breakfast this year on Thursday, May 20, at 9:00. This year, the breakfast will look a little different from the past and will be for students only and will be held in the HS Cafeteria. If you plan to attend, please let the office know by April 30 so we have a count for meals. Students are asked to pay $10 to cover the cost of the breakfast, and that can be taken care of in the office.
- Ag Coop Safety Directors of Iowa Scholarship-Deadline: April 30, 2021 This scholarship is available for any Iowa High School seniors who may be continuing their education in an Agricultural or Safety related field after high school. Complete the application and submit an essay on "What does Ag Safety mean to you?" One letter of recommendation from a non-family member is also required. The applications are available on the table outside the office.