High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Friday, October 1
- Varsity Football @ North Polk HS 7:00
- Saturday, October 2
- Algona Band Days
- Friday, October 1
- Tickets for Friday’s game at North Polk (Alleman, Iowa) must be purchased in advance online: https://events.ticketspicket.com/agency/75d14b51-cba8-4f08-84dc-b714d602ed88
- Friday’s football game will be live streamed https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtdyJnWYKPV1AEDqgHmspyg
- Girls 7-12 that are interested in wrestling this upcoming season, open the following signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A45ABA92EAAF85-humboldt
- Congratulations to Cael Newell—winner of a class ring from Josten’s.
- Students, if you would be interested in participating in the Iowa Regional High School Ethics Bowl, based out of Iowa State University, please contact Mrs. Wiebke in Room 15 (available today at 2:20-2:50) or at firstname.lastname@example.org The Ethics Bowl is in many ways like debate, except rather than an adversarial model, in an Ethics Bowl teams are encouraged to adjust their position collaboratively to reflect the best vision of how to proceed in response to an ethical case.
- GSA will meet in the Aud. Lobby on Tuesday Oct 5th from 3:30-4pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Volunteers wanted-- If you would like to read the morning announcements, sign up on the sheet on the table outside of the office.
- Have you heard the news? The Cat Cafe will be opening October 15th serving you coffee, hot chocolate, and smoothies in the mornings before school. Cat Cafe cups are currently for sale in the office for $10 through Oct 8. With each purchase, you will receive a ticket for a free coffee/hot chocolate or $1 off a smoothie.
- FCA will be held on Wednesday evenings 6:15-7:00. A light meal will be provided. Meetings are held at Ted Beach’s house-201 12th Street SW.
- School Pictures-A link from Midwest Portraits should have been received for ordering school pictures. If you did not receive the link or have questions, contact Midwest Portraits at (515) 332-8175. Picture retake day is October 12.
- The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a standardized test administered by the College Board and co-sponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation in the United States. This test is for the 11th and 10th grades. Juniors, who earn a high score on the PSAT, could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship—$180 million dollars in merit scholarships are awarded to students each year. The PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and tests your skills in reading, writing, and math. The test will be administered at Humboldt High School on Oct. 13 at 8:15 am. The cost is $18. Students can register on the table outside the office.
- If you are interested in the Silver Cord Program you can pick up the paperwork on the wall above the table outside of the office.
- Forget to order last year's 2021 Yearbook? A few extras were ordered in and are for sale for $50. First come, first serve. Email Mrs. K at email@example.com to claim one.
- Air National Guard will be here during the lunch on Oct 21
- College representatives will be in our building to visit with our juniors and seniors. This is a great opportunity for students to receive information about the college and ask questions.
- Oct. 5 Ellsworth College
- Oct. 7 Waldorf College
- Oct. 14 ISU at 1:00
- Oct. 21 Air National Guard during lunch
- Oct. 26 at 10:30 Central College
Interested students need to sign up on the table outside the high school office. Please make prior arrangements with teachers for missed classes
- The 2022 Yearbook is now on sale for early-bird pricing ($45 unengraved, $49 engraved). Yearbook orders must be placed online with the following link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1071698/Humboldt-High-School/2022-Yearbook/2021081913313111358/CATALOG_SHOP/