High School Announcements
- High School Activities-See the school website for details on COVID restrictions at activity locations
- Friday 10-2
- VFB @ Mason City 7:00
- Saturday 10/3
- Marching Band Extravaganza @ HS Football Field 7:00 PM
- Monday 10-5
- 9th/10th FB @ home vs Mason City 6:00
- JV FB @ Iowa Falls/Alden 5:30
- Friday 10-2
- The Humboldt High School and Middle School will have Marching Band Extravaganza -Saturday, October 3rd starting at 7 p.m. at the high school football field. Free will donation for admission, proceeds to the music department. Plan to attend and watch an evening full of great music from the high school and 7/8th grade bands. Masks required.
- Football Game Theme tonight—Surfers vs Bikers
- Baseball pitchers and catchers in grades 8-12 will have a team long toss session Saturday at 11:00. The session will last approximately 45 minutes and is voluntary.
- MAP Testing make up will be next week. Testing will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Students needing to make up MAP testing will be contacted.
- Picture retakes for high school students will be the afternoon of October 8. A definite time has not been determined. Retakes must be prepaid before October 6 at the following link. http://orderschoolpix.com/30555 OR
- PSAT will be administered at the High School on October 14. The Preliminary SAT, also known as the PSAT/NMSQT® (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test), is a practice version of the SAT exam. You can only take the PSAT once per year, and many students take the test in both 10th and 11th grade. If you earn a high score on the PSAT in your junior year, you could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship—$180 million dollars in merit scholarships are awarded to students each year. The PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and tests your skills in reading, writing, and math. Sign up at the table outside the office if you are interested. There is a limited number of tests available. Cost is $17
- Friends Club will be meeting during home room on Wednesday, October 7 in room 22. Anyone wanting more information about Friends Club prior to the meeting can ask Ms. DeDe in room 22 or Lexie Davis. Note the date change.
- FFA Apparel sales? https://shop.envisiontees.com/humboldt_ffa_2020/shop/home Orders can be shipped to home or to school, there are 2 color options, and 4 clothing options, and face masks or "buffers" available. The online store closes October 11th at 11:55 PM.
- Results from Cross Country at Estherville: girls finished second Josylyn Orr (5th); Kali Beaman (9th); Erin Wittrock (11th); Sarah Numedahl (14th); Brett Harklau (16th) were the scoring runners Grace Smith (19th) & Sophia Harris (25th) were the other varsity runners; JV girls who finished in top ten were Jadelyn Green (3rd); Lillian Holm (4th); Mya Vote (7th); Tori Gargano (9th)
Boys varsity finished first -varsity runners were: Eric Wittrock (1st); Trevor Jacobson (2nd); Nolan Jergens (3rd); Carter Theesfeld (9th); Aiden Christensen (16th); Jackson Chambers (20th) & Cael Hundertmark (25th). JV runners who finished among top ten: Carter Hatcher (1st); Jordan Coon (5th); Aaron Boelyn (6th)
- ICCC spring enrollment opens Oct. 5th. Juniors and seniors interested in taking either an online or classes on campus (senior only) see Mrs. Powers
- Claim Aid- 2 separate scholarships Deadline January 15, 2021. The Star Student Scholarship of Iowa- - for a graduating senior who receives special education services and plans to attend college or university. Special Education Teacher Scholarship of Iowa- graduating senior who plans to study Education specifically Special Education. Apply: http://www.claimaid.com/iowa-scholarships
- Drake University is partnering with Iowa State University and Iowa Central Community College to host a virtual event for high school seniors! It is an opportunity for students to learn about three great higher education institutions in Iowa. Additionally, there will be breakout rooms for Q&A so students are able to ask questions to specific institutions. Monday, October 5th at 6 pm. Register: