High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Thursday, October 7
- Volleyball @ home vs Algona 9th & JV 6:00, Varsity 7:30
- Friday, October 8
- V Football @ Gilbert 7:00
- Saturday, October 9
- State Marching Band Festival 2:05 Admission $7.00
- Varsity Volleyball Tournament @ Mason City-North Iowa Area Community College 9:00
- Thursday, October 7
- School picture retakes are October 12 at the high school. Orders for retakes need to be placed online by October 8. https://midwest.orderschoolpix.com/ Gallery: Retakes Humboldt, Password: prepay
- Our school board and administrators believe strongly in shared leadership and decision-making. Once again we are inviting high school students to serve as members of our school board. We want to hear your voice for how we can better our school district. Video Description: https://shorts.flipgrid.com/watch/21334596427448570 This year, we are inviting a high school junior to serve from November 2021 through June of 2023. Next year, we’ll add a sophomore for a similar term so that each is rotating every other year. Applications can be picked up on the table outside of the office. Application due on November 5, 2021.You can submit it through mail, take it to the high school office for campus mail, or drop It off personally at Central Office across from the courthouse located in Mease Elementary School.
- The Drama Club will have its first meeting Thursday 4:15-5:00pm (time may be adjusted according to need) in RM. 15.
- Ethics Bowl cases have been released; would those interested meet at RM 15 for a short meeting to discuss - Thursday 5:00-6:00pm (an email has also been sent to those who expressed interest previously).
- Crew applications for the Addams Family fall musical are now available in the music area. If you are interested in being on the Light, Sound, Curtain, Stage, Costume or Makeup crews, please pick up a form and return it to Mr. Blair by Tuesday, October 12. To be on a crew, you must commit to being present for all the stated rehearsals and performances on the application form.
- The dance team is hosting a fill the truck event at the home volleyball game on October 7th. Donate supplies and help us provide care to animals that are in need. Supplies will be donated to Peace Creek, Moffit, and Lazy J rescues. Items needed include cleaning supplies, animal feed, litter, puppy pads, blu-kote and red-kote, towels, treats, high quality wet and dry dog and cat food, gloves, blankets, and gift cards. Drop-off Location: Truck parked near fire lane
- Information for Friday’s football game at Gilbert. Admission: $6.00 students and adults. Tickets need to be purchases online : https://events.ticketspicket.com/agency/0f34cf5a-dfea-4c36-b5d0-a164ec329356 The game will be live-streamed: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrAGnefZvuChaQOH4EQwh-w
- Have you heard the news? The Cat Cafe will be opening October 15th serving you coffee, hot chocolate, and smoothies in the mornings before school. Cat Cafe cups are currently for sale in the office for $10 through Oct 8. With each purchase, you will receive a ticket for a free coffee/hot chocolate or $1 off a smoothie. There are two designs to choose from.
- FCA will be held on Wednesday evenings 6:15-7:00. A light meal will be provided. Meetings are held at Ted Beach’s house-201 12th Street SW.
- The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a standardized test administered by the College Board and co-sponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation in the United States. This test is for the 11th and 10th grades. Juniors, who earn a high score on the PSAT, could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship—$180 million dollars in merit scholarships are awarded to students each year. The PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and tests your skills in reading, writing, and math. The test will be administered at Humboldt High School on Oct. 13 at 8:15 am. The cost is $18. Students can register on the table outside the office.
- Forget to order last year's 2021 Yearbook? A few extras were ordered in and are for sale for $50. First come, first serve. Email Mrs. K at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim one.
- Air National Guard will be here during the lunch on Oct 21
- College representatives will be in our building to visit with our juniors and seniors. This is a great opportunity for students to receive information about the college and ask questions.
- Oct. 7 Waldorf University10:30
- Oct. 14 ISU at 1:00
- Oct. 21 Air National Guard during lunch
- Oct. 26 at 10:30 Central College
Interested students need to sign up on the table outside the high school office. Please make prior arrangements with teachers for missed classes
- The 2022 Yearbook is now on sale for early-bird pricing ($45 unengraved, $49 engraved). Yearbook orders must be placed online with the following link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1071698/Humboldt-High-School/2022-Yearbook/2021081913313111358/CATALOG_SHOP/