High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Wednesday, October 20
- Cross Country Regionals @ LeMars Prairie Rose Golf Course
- Thursday, October 21
- Regional Volleyball @ home 7:00-opponent TBD
- Friday, October 22
- Football @ home vs Algona 7:00
- Wednesday, October 20
- DJ wanted for middle school dance on Thursday October 28 6:30 to 9:00. If you are interested in helping out, contact Mrs. Wickett at email@example.com This would be a fun Silver Cord opportunity.
- Addams Family cast, please check your email for a Google form to order show shirts. Orders are due on Wednesday at noon and payment by Friday.
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for girls basketball. Anyone interested, please sign up by Friday.
- Freshman and Sophomore athletes—you will need to complete your PE Opt Out Activity log. These forms need to be completed for the time span between the end of your fall sport and the beginning of your winter sport. Forms are available on the table outside of the office and can be returned to the office.
- Juniors and seniors wishing to enroll in an online and/or on-campus ICCC course, please schedule a time to meet with Mrs. Powers.
- The dance team is hosting their final fill the truck event at the home football game on October 22nd. Donate new and gently used clothing to help fill the truck and help those in need. The team will also be accepting monetary donations for local homeless and animal shelters. Drop off location: Truck parked by the left field softball fence near the pass gate.
- Battle of the Books will be meeting Wednesday (October 20th) after school briefly. We will be talking about t-shirt design, team names, and who is reading what books.
- The Humboldt FFA is doing their annual fundraiser! Stop in the ag room and pick up your packets!
- Humboldt FFA t-shirts are now on sale! If you are in an ag class the chapter will buy your t-shirt! If you would like to buy other accessories you can order on our website!
- Anyone that would like to purchase an FFA shirt, please order from the following link: https://www.threadsalgona.com/collections/humboldt-ffa-2021 The deadline to order is Oct. 28 @ 9PM
- FCA meets Wednesday evenings at Ted Beach’s home 201 12th Street SW, 6:15-7:00. A light meal will be provided. Contact Mrs. Beach if you have any questions.
- Applications for serving as a student representative on the school board are available on the table outside of the office. Completed applications should be turned in by November 5.
- College representatives will be in our building to visit with our juniors and seniors. This is a great opportunity for students to receive information about the college and ask questions.
- Oct. 21 Air National Guard & Army National Guard during lunch
- Oct. 25 University of Iowa 8:45
- Oct. 26 Central College 10:30
- Oct. 28 Simpson College at 1:15
Interested students need to sign up on the table outside the high school office. Please make prior arrangements with teachers for missed classes
- The 2022 Yearbook is now on sale for early-bird pricing ($45 unengraved, $49 engraved). Yearbook orders must be placed online with the following link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1071698/Humboldt-High-School/2022-Yearbook/2021081913313111358/CATALOG_SHOP/
2021-22 Fall Post Season Tournament Information
All Tickets must be purchased online:
IGHSAU (Varsity Bound): https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/vb/2021-22/tickets
Tues. Oct. 19 - 1st round Bye
Thurs. Oct. 21 - Humboldt hosts Storm Lake/Spener winner $6
Tues. Oct. 26 - Regional Finals site TBD (likely to be at Waverly or neutral site somewhere between)
State Tourney: Nov. 1-4 @ Cedar Rapids $10
4A Quarterfinals: Monday, Nov. 1st 4:00 OR 6:00 PM
4A Semis: Wednesday, Nov. 3rd 12:00 PM
4A Championship: Thurs. Nov. 4th 12:15 PM
Cross Country (3A)
Wed. Oct. 20 - State Qualifying meet hosted by LeMars @ Prairie Rose Golf Course in
Brunsville, Iowa 4:00 PM - Parking Fee only
Friday, Oct. 29 - State Meet @ Lakeside (Ft. Dodge) 2:30 Girls 3:15 Boys $10
Football (3A) Teams will be put in pods of 4 to determine 1st and 2nd round pairings.
Pods will be released late Friday night (Oct. 22nd) or Saturday morning (Oct. 23rd)
1st Rd: Friday, Oct. 29 7:00 PM $8
2nd Rd: Friday, Nov. 5 7:00 PM $8
Semifinals: Saturday, Nov. 13 either 4:00 or 7:00 PM in UNI Dome $10
Finals: Friday, Nov. 19 1:00 PM in UNI Dome $10