High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Thursday, October 20
- Volleyball Regionals @ Bondurant-Farrar 7:00
- Friday, October 21
- Varsity Football @ Algona 7:00
- Saturday, October 22
- All State Music Auditions
- Thursday, October 20
- Regional volleyball tonight at Bondurant @ 7:00. The high school is located at 1000 Grant Street, Bondurant. Tickets must be purchased online, no cash at the door. Ticket price is $6.00. Ticket ordering link
- Live stream link for Friday’s football game vs Algona. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaiMRGzY87tlJ_f92JnVKTA
- October 21-no school--all day staff professional development. The high school office will be closed.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Monday, October 24 and Thursday, October 27. There will be no early dismissal on Wednesday, October 26. There will be no school on October 28. The high school office will be closed on Friday, October 28.
- Scheduled grade level or team conferences will be held on Monday, October 24, 3:30-7:30. Teachers will be reaching out to parents to schedule team conferences for students who are struggling to pass classes. When scheduling a conference, the teacher making contact will send directions to schedule a conference using an online scheduling app. It's quick, easy and provides a bit of flexibility when finding a suitable meeting time.
- Walk-in conferences will be held on Thursday, October 27, 3:30-7:30. Walk-in conferences with individual teachers are offered for all students and provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to talk with teachers about their students' academic progress and achievement. During this session, teachers will be in their respective classrooms and will meet with parents on an individual basis.
- The 2 hour early dismissal schedule for Monday and Thursday will be as follows:
2 Hour Early Dismissal
Period 1 – 8:15 – 8:44
Period 2 – 8:48 – 9:17
Period 3 – 9:21 – 9:50
Period 4 – 9:54 – 10-:23
Period 6 – 10:27 – 10:56
Period 7 – 11:00 – 11:29
Period 5A – 11:33 – 11:55
5B – 11:59 – 12:21
5C – 12:25 – 12:47
Period 8 – 12:51 – 1:20
- There will be a representative from ICCC at conferences on Monday, October 24, to help senior parents and students fill out the FAFSA form for college. Please contact Ms. Westerhoff by email or phone if you would like to set up a time to meet with the ICCC rep.
- Interested in getting together with friends to talk about award winning books? Join Battle of the Books club. They meet once a month to discuss current award winning books. Create a team (or join an existing team) to form a book club. Permission slips are in the office. First meeting will be Tuesday, November 1st, right after school. See Mrs. Short for questions.
- Humboldt High School Dance team is having a T shirt fundraiser to help support the team throughout their season. State Dance Team shirts can be ordered using this link until November 1st. Please help to support your wildcat team.
- Coach Savery is looking for 9th grade boys basketball managers. If interested please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All freshmen, managers and anyone that is potentially interested in boys wrestling this season, please meet Coach Beaman in the middle school gym TODAY from 2:25-2:35. If you are a returning 10-12th grader-you do not need to attend.
- There will be a girls wrestling parent meeting this Thursday in the high school cafeteria at 6 for all grade levels.
- Silver Cord-If you have Silver Cord hours, you can submit your paperwork at any time to Emily in the office. Reminder, because of COVID the Silver Cord hours were reduced to 300 hours for students in high school during the 2019-2020 school year (current seniors). All other students need to complete 400 hours of community service during high school to qualify for Silver Cord.
- Costume Party/ Halloween Dance on October 27th from 8-11pm. There will be a prize worth $50. Tickets are $5 early, $6 at the door. See Mrs. K for details. School appropriate costumes are required. Only minimal face coverings will be allowed. No guests from other schools.
- Click on the following link for scholarship opportunities. Scholarships The link should be working now. This link will be updated as additional scholarship opportunities are available.
- Senior pictures (digital copies, please) are due to Mrs. K by the end of the Thanksgiving Break. Please contact her if there will be issues getting those in by the deadline. Send photos to email@example.com
- Any junior or senior interested in taking the ACT at some point this school year should see Ms. Westerhoff for more information. The next testing date for the ACT is December 10th.
- CATS Time-students should select their CATs for Monday on Friday and select Thursday’s CATS on Wednesday. They shouldn't choose for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
- Students, please do not park in the staff parking spots next to the sidewalk in the back parking lot. Students who do so may face a parking fine and/or loss of parking privileges.
- Wildcat Warrior’s Game Club will meet every Monday in the media center from 3:30-5:30. Dungeons and Dragons, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, RoboRally, Splendor and many more…Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- Menu choices can be found at the following link: https://lookup.nutrislice.com/en/