High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Friday, October 22
- Football @ home vs Algona 7:00
- Tuesday, October 26
- Volleyball @ Waverly-Shell Rock 7:00
- Friday, October 22
- BW-Fusion is donating 80 acres worth of agricultural products to support Emily Lane and her family. The auction will be tomorrow night at the football game. The highest bidder can choose between 3 products that have significant data and yield response history. If you want to do a high yield test field this would be a great opportunity to trial new products and gain insights into what high yield contest growers are using in their fields. Cody Wells will be available to consult the winner and give further advice and recommendations to really push a field. These products would likely work best with soybeans due to how they are managed and the volatility of fertilizer needed for corn, but BW-Fusion is willing to make a different recipe if the winner wanted to use the products for corn. BW-Fusion is a consultative based nutritional company that pairs in-season soil and tissue sampling along with highly researched and technologically advanced nutritional and biological products to maximize ROI. BW-Fusion's goal is to help show farmers what they might be spending money on that isn’t contributing towards higher yields and how to reallocate that money to produce higher yields spending the same amount of money or less.
- Tickets for the HHS musical, The Addams Family, will be available for sale starting Monday, in the High School office. The show is set to perform on November 4, 5 & 6 at 7:00pm. Tickets are $8 adults and $5 students.
- KHBT has teamed up with Carbon Boutique and Function First Spine and Sport in a fundraiser for the HHS Cheerleading Program. The shirts will be available beginning 10/21 at the Volleyball tournament. Shirts will also be available Friday night at the football game. If you have any questions please contact Pam Stalpes. The shirts are $20 each – GO CATS!!
- The dance team is hosting their final fill the truck event at the home football game on October 22nd. Donate new and gently used clothing to help fill the truck and help those in need. The team will also be accepting monetary donations for local homeless and animal shelters. Drop off location: Truck parked by the left field softball fence near the pass gate.
- The dance team has State shirts available for purchase through November 3rd. Please use this link to order: https://stores.inksoft.com/humboldt_state_dance
- The theme for Friday’s football game is WIHITE OUT!
- There will be a raffle at Friday night's football game for SENIORS only! Please be sure to get a raffle ticket at the game from Pam Stalpes. GO CATS!!!
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for girls basketball. Anyone interested, please sign up by Friday.
- If you are interested in purchasing football state playoff clothing, order using the following link. The store closes on 10/23 at 11:59 p.m. https://humboldtstatefootball.itemorder.com/ Good Luck Wildcats!
- Mr. Mooney will be opening the gym on the following dates :
- Sunday, Oct. 24 HS gym 3-5 PM
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 MS gym 4-6 PM
- Sunday, Oct. 31 HS Gym 3-4 PM
- Wednesday, Nov. 3 HS Gym 4-6 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 7 HS Gym 3-5 PM
- Athletes—you will need to complete your PE Opt Out Activity log. These forms need to be completed for the time span between the end of your fall sport and the beginning of your winter sport. Forms are available on the table outside of the office and can be returned to the office.
- Reminder-All 9th graders must have a dental screening form on file. Those students without a screening form on file will have a screening at the school on December 3.
- It's that time of year---time to fill out the financial aid form for those students who are planning to attend college next year. We will be having a Fill out the FAFSA Night on Nov. 2 from 5- 7 pm in the high school media center for those families who would like assistance. You will need to have your FSA ID prior to that evening in order to be able to file the FAFSA. The one parent/guardian and student each need their own FSA ID.Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov Please contact the high school office to reserve your spot. 515.332.1430
- Anyone that would like to purchase an FFA shirt, please order from the following link: https://www.threadsalgona.com/collections/humboldt-ffa-2021 The deadline to order is Oct. 28 @ 9PM
- FCA meets Wednesday evenings at Ted Beach’s home 201 12th Street SW, 6:15-7:00. A light meal will be provided. Contact Mrs. Beach if you have any questions.
- Applications for serving as a student representative on the school board are available on the table outside of the office. Completed applications should be turned in by November 5.
- College representatives will be in our building to visit with our juniors and seniors. This is a great opportunity for students to receive information about the college and ask questions.
- Oct. 25 University of Iowa 8:45
- Oct. 26 Central College 10:30
- Oct. 28 Simpson College at 1:15
Interested students need to sign up on the table outside the high school office. Please make prior arrangements with teachers for missed classes
- The 2022 Yearbook is now on sale for early-bird pricing ($45 unengraved, $49 engraved). Yearbook orders must be placed online with the following link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1071698/Humboldt-High-School/2022-Yearbook/2021081913313111358/CATALOG_SHOP/
2021-22 Fall Post Season Tournament Information
All Tickets must be purchased online:
IGHSAU (Varsity Bound): https://ia.varsitybound.com/sports/vb/2021-22/tickets
Tues. Oct. 26 - Regional Finals at Waverly-Shellrock (Waverly) 7:00
State Tourney: Nov. 1-4 @ Cedar Rapids $10
4A Quarterfinals: Monday, Nov. 1st 4:00 OR 6:00 PM
4A Semis: Wednesday, Nov. 3rd 12:00 PM
4A Championship: Thurs. Nov. 4th 12:15 PM
Cross Country (3A)
Friday, Oct. 29 - State Meet @ Lakeside (Ft. Dodge) 2:30 Girls 3:15 Boys $10
General Meet Information:
Football (3A) Teams will be put in pods of 4 to determine 1st and 2nd round pairings.
Pods will be released late Friday night (Oct. 22nd) or Saturday morning (Oct. 23rd)
1st Rd: Friday, Oct. 29 7:00 PM $8
2nd Rd: Friday, Nov. 5 7:00 PM $8
Semifinals: Saturday, Nov. 13 either 4:00 or 7:00 PM in UNI Dome $10
Finals: Friday, Nov. 19 1:00 PM in UNI Dome $10
- Scholarship Opportunities-The following link will take you to scholarship information and applications.