High School Announcements
- High School Activities
- Monday, October 24
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:00. Two hour early dismissal.
- Thursday, October 27
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:30. Two hour early dismissal.
- Friday, October 28
- No School
- Varsity Football Playoffs @ home vs Hampton-Dumont7:00. $8.00 admission, tickets need to be ordered online.
- Saturday, October 29
- State Cross Country @ Lakeside Municipal Golf Course, Ft. Dodge 10:30
- Parents’ Performance-Fall Musical 7:00
- Monday, October 24
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Monday, October 24 and Thursday, October 27. There will be no early dismissal on Wednesday, October 26. There will be no school on October 28. The high school office will be closed on Friday, October 28.
- Scheduled grade level or team conferences will be held on Monday, October 24, 4:00-7:30. Teachers will be reaching out to parents to schedule team conferences for students who are struggling to pass classes. When scheduling a conference, the teacher making contact will send directions to schedule a conference using an online scheduling app. It's quick, easy and provides a bit of flexibility when finding a suitable meeting time.
- Walk-in conferences will be held on Thursday, October 27, 4:00-7:30. Walk-in conferences with individual teachers are offered for all students and provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to talk with teachers about their students' academic progress and achievement. During this session, teachers will be in their respective classrooms and will meet with parents on an individual basis.
- The 2 hour early dismissal schedule for Monday and Thursday will be as follows:
2 Hour Early Dismissal
Period 1 – 8:15 – 8:44
Period 2 – 8:48 – 9:17
Period 3 – 9:21 – 9:50
Period 4 – 9:54 – 10-:23
Period 6 – 10:27 – 10:56
Period 7 – 11:00 – 11:29
Period 5A – 11:33 – 11:55
5B – 11:59 – 12:21
5C – 12:25 – 12:47
Period 8 – 12:51 – 1:20
- There will be a representative from ICCC at conferences on Monday, October 24, to help senior parents and students fill out the FAFSA form for college. Please contact Ms. Westerhoff by email or phone if you would like to set up a time to meet with the ICCC rep.
- The Halloween Costume Dance is this Thursday night from 8-11pm. School dress code is enforced. Tickets will be on sale Tuesday and Wednesday at lunch. Tickets are $5 early or $6 at the door. No outside guests.
- Football Playoff ticket link: https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- There will be a second girls wrestling parent meeting Tuesday at 6pm in the cafeteria for those who couldn’t make it. Girl in grades 7-12.
- The Music Booster meeting will be held Tuesday, October 25th at 6:30 p.m. in the High School Media Room. If you're available, we'd love to have you come!
- The wrestling store is now open. Store closes at midnight on October 30. When you order, at the checkout select "Pick up" to save on shipping cost. Coach Beaman will pick up items.
- Any new wrestlers, freshmen and/or managers need to see Coach Beaman after school this week for a practice schedule and remind code.
- Parents-we will have a preseason parent meeting on November 11 in MS cafeteria.
- There will be a brief Girls Basketball Meeting on Thursday right after school. Any player who intends to play basketball this year should plan to attend. Be there or be square!
- Congrats to those who tried out for Allstate Vocal. They all did a great job! Jordan Kalh was accepted in the Allstate Honor Choir.
- The Humboldt Dance Team attended The Dance Challenge competition on Saturday October 22nd.
- Kaycee Rubel won the photo challenge.
- Soloists included Macy Berte: high gold score, Tricia Kellner: platinum score, 1st place in 1st in color guard solos, and McKenna Mathis: platinum score, 1st in lyrical solos, 2nd highest overall solo score, and best choreography.
- The Team Kick routine received a platinum score and 1st place.
- The Team Pom routine received a platinum score, 2nd place, and 5th highest overall team score.
- The Team Jazz routine received a platinum score, 1st place, and 2nd highest overall team score.
- Interested in getting together with friends to talk about award winning books? Join Battle of the Books club. They meet once a month to discuss current award winning books. Create a team (or join an existing team) to form a book club. Permission slips are in the office. First meeting will be Tuesday, November 1st, right after school. See Mrs. Short for questions.
- Humboldt High School Dance team is having a T shirt fundraiser to help support the team throughout their season. State Dance Team shirts can be ordered using this link until November 1st. Please help to support your wildcat team.
- Coach Savery is looking for 9th grade boys basketball managers. If interested please email him at email@example.com
- Silver Cord-If you have Silver Cord hours, you can submit your paperwork at any time to Emily in the office. Reminder, because of COVID the Silver Cord hours were reduced to 300 hours for students in high school during the 2019-2020 school year (current seniors). All other students need to complete 400 hours of community service during high school to qualify for Silver Cord.
- Click on the following link for scholarship opportunities. Scholarships The link should be working now. This link will be updated as additional scholarship opportunities are available.
- Senior pictures (digital copies, please) are due to Mrs. K by the end of the Thanksgiving Break. Please contact her if there will be issues getting those in by the deadline. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any junior or senior interested in taking the ACT at some point this school year should see Ms. Westerhoff for more information. The next testing date for the ACT is December 10th.
- CATS Time-students should select their CATs for Monday on Friday and select Thursday’s CATS on Wednesday. They shouldn't choose for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays.
- Students, please do not park in the staff parking spots next to the sidewalk in the back parking lot. Students who do so may face a parking fine and/or loss of parking privileges.
- Wildcat Warrior’s Game Club will meet every Monday in the media center from 3:30-5:30. Dungeons and Dragons, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, RoboRally, Splendor and many more…Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. See Mr. Lauger or Skyler Nielsen for more information.
- Menu choices can be found at the following link: https://lookup.nutrislice.com/en/