High School Announcements
- On behalf of the music department, I would like to share with the public, the following information about upcoming music performances during the month of December. Parents received communication from directors earlier this week. Here’s an excerpt from the letter with regard to the way in which performances will be conducted during December. “All ensembles (K-12) in the school district will be distributing recorded performances via an online platform for your viewing pleasure this season. While the concept of an online concert isn’t ideal, we are so very fortunate to be making music with the students during the school day.” While the process of recording performances is a new experience for many students, particularly the younger grade levels, we are in the process of obtaining all the necessary licencing agreements to share student performances for a limited period of time with parents and the community at large. Many publishers require that the performance only be accessible for 48 hours and then removed in order to allow school districts to share the music with little or no charge. So, in order to stay abreast of the performance release dates, we are encouraging everyone to follow our page on Facebook. Search for “Humboldt Music Department” on Facebook and then click the “follow” and “like” buttons. Watch for announcements and viewing information to be posted on the Humboldt Music Department Facebook page in the upcoming month.
- If students are interested in volunteering, Salvation Army is looking for volunteers for Bell Ringing. Please let Mrs. Nielsen know if you are interested in more information.
- FFA members - please wear an FFA shirt to school on Tuesday. We will take a group FFA picture in the gym. If you don't have an FFA shirt, but are in FFA, please still join us in the photo.
- The HHS 2021 yearbook is being sold online only this year. In case you missed the first email sent out, the link to order yours is here: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/2968 Prices of the yearbooks go up second semester, so order yours now.
- Seniors should turn in their senior photos for the yearbook to Mrs. K by the end of Christmas break. Emailed digital copies are preferred. If your photo will be submitted later than this, please let Mrs.K know.
- Humboldt Students and parents. The weight room is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons right after school for any Humboldt student/athletes not out for a winter sport. The strength program is set up to improve all athletes in both strength and speed, it is not sport specific. If you'd like to know more, please contact Coach Elman (firstname.lastname@example.org) The weight room will also be closed to middle school students in accordance with the governor's proclamation. No middle school weight room on Wednesdays and Fridays. Go Cats!!
- High School Activities
- Tuesday, November 24 GBB JV @ 6:15, V @ 7:45 vs Pocahontas @ home
- School will dismiss 2 hours early next Wednesday, November 25th. No school Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27.