- High School Activities January 27-February 1
- JV G BB @ home vs Hampton-Dumont-CAL 3:45
- B JV BB @ homve vs H-D-CAL 5:00
- G V BB @ home vs H-D-CAL 6:15
- B V BB @ home vs H-D-CAL 7:45
- Wednesday-one hour early dismissal
- Wrestling @ home vs Manson-Senior night 6:30
- 9/10th G BB @ home vs West Hancock 6:30
- 9th B BB @ home vs Emmetsburg 7:45
- G JV BB @ Clarion 3:45
- B JV BB @ Clarion 5:00
- G V BB @ Clarion 6:15
- B V BB @ Clarion 7:45
- JV Wrestling Tournament @ Pocahontas 10:00
- Dance Team Night @ high school gym 7:00
- Congratulations to the following art students who participated in the Triton Prairie Lakes Invitational Art Show: Karley Torgerson received 1st place in the digital category, Molly Wittrock received 1st place in the photography category, Jacob Halvorson received 2nd place in the sculpture category
- Congratulations to 9th grade boys basketball on their victory over Algona last night! Good job!
- Any Incomplete grades need to be finished by Wednesday, January 29. If you have any incomplete grades, meet with your teachers before Wednesday to get them cleared up.
- All students interested in Individual speech should plan to attend a preseason meeting on Monday, February 3 at 3:30 in the LIttle Aud. Students who are not in group are most cordially invited.
- There are several coats and pullovers that have been turned in to the high school office. If you have lost one at a function or left in a classroom, you can claim them in the office
- Are you interested in adventures? Join Mrs. Myers on an Adventure in Belize. Mayan Ruins, tubing through caves, ziplining, jungle survival skills, and snorkeling are all included in this adventure! There will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, January 28th from 6-7PM in Room 3
- Afterprom is hosting Taco Tuesday and will be serving soft and hard shell tacos from Taco Tico on Tuesday Feb 4 during the home basketball games. We will be set up by 6:00 and serve until gone. Free will donation to support Afterprom.
- The After Prom Committee is hosting a Pampered Chef Fundraiser to help fund our annual After Prom Event! Anyone from anywhere can order and have their order direct shipped to them, feel free to share the party link with your friends and family. All orders need to be placed by Jan 29th. You may view the catalog and place your order on the Fundraiser at https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/hhs0124
- CAN will be live-streaming a presentation, Life After High School: Career and College Planning seminar on February 6 at 6 pm from any device. The presentation will be live and the attendee can ask questions (typing or talking) to ICAN Student Success Advisor Steve Irvin as he presents. Register online https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3630889061756862209
- ASVAB assessment- Another career tool available to our students. We will be administering the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) to students interested. These tests are designed to measure aptitudes in four domains: Verbal, Math, Science and Technical, and Spatial. The program provides tools to help students learn more about career exploration and planning, in both the civilian and military worlds of work. The ASVAB will be administered at the high school on February 12, 2020, from 12:00-3:00. Interested students should sign up in the office. We need at least 5 students to offer the test.
- You’re Invited to the 2020 STEM Fair Hosted by the Iowa National Guard. This is an opportunity to explore careers in Technology, Mechanics, Medical Transportation, Culinary, Communications. The fairs are from 9 am-2 pm at the various locations listed below.
February 11th: Ft. Dodge Armory 1659 Nelson Ave, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
February 12th: Storm Lake Armory
February 13th: Spencer Armory 11 E 23rd St, Spencer IA 51301
February 14th: Estherville Armory 403 S 18th St, Estherville IA 51334
Contact Your Local National Guard Recruiter, Sgt Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org To RSVP Or For More Information
- Iowa Central Community College invites students for the Jam-the-Gym and Triton Visit Day on Saturday, February 15, 2020, Starting at 9 am with the games to follow at 1 and 3 pm. Admission is free along with a t-shirt and a chance to win other great prizes. RSVP at www.iowacentral.edu/admission/visit.asp for the visit day. No need to register if you plan to attend only the games.
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, is hosting a Business is Global 2020 event for soph. juniors, and seniors. This is a two-week summer program from July 5-18, 2020, that offers students the opportunity to be immersed in international business, less commonly taught language and cultures from around the world. Go to go.iu.edu/6bw for program details. The deadline is April 8, 2020.
- Check out the Guidance Page on the School website for great scholarship opportunities and more information!