- The 2020 softball season will start with practices on June 1 and games beginning June 15. All current 8-12th graders will be able to participate and we will break them down into as many teams as needed based on participation numbers: (Example: Varsity, J.V., Freshman team). If you plan to participate in softball this summer please sign up with Mr. Van Pelt's REMIND group. All further information regarding the initial part of the season will be transmitted through this REMIND App.
- Instructions to join REMIND app:
- Text the number: 81010
- Enter the code: @cb2k2ch
- If you have any questions you may email Coach Van Pelt
- There will be a baseball Zoom meeting for anyone interested in playing high school baseball (Grades 8-12) Tuesday at 3:00. If you haven't been out for baseball in the past, but would like to go out this year, contact Coach Thurm via email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- A decision will be made about Prom on June 1.
- Information about our graduation ceremony will also be released June 1.
Information regarding student check out dates/times next week -
Tuesday, May 26 - 4:00-7:00 pm
Wednesday, May 27 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm and 4:00-7:00 pm
Thursday, May 28 - 4:00-7:00 pm
Reminders for staff and students:
- If sick, have a fever, or have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, stay home. Call or email the office to arrange a different time to pick up and drop off items.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Staff - masks are required
- Students - masks are strongly encouraged
- Students are encouraged to park in the student parking lot and enter through west doors
- Students cannot come or go between the MS and HS using the inside doors. MS - only use MS front doors.
- Empty lockers (don't forget your PE, Industrial Arts, Art locker storage spaces), put garbage in garbage cans, remove all items from inside and outside your locker and leave door open
- There will be boxes by the office for unused/gently used school items - paper, folders, writing utensils, notebooks, etc
- Please leave the building when you are done
- Encouraged to come on Wednesday to check out, but if Wednesday times do not work out, you may come on one of the other days.
- All seniors must stop in the office to pay bills/lunch money, pick up Jostens items, etc.
- Complete senior exit survey in your Google classroom. This is required prior to graduation.
- Only one student in the office at a time
- Tables set up in such a way that there are 6 feet between student and office staff
- Students would go to the office to pay bills/pick up graduation Jostens items, turn in locks for refund, etc.
- Students turning in locks will read their lock numbers to office staff who will then check off their name and refund their deposit
- Teachers will set up a table/desk barrier so students can enter the room, but cannot go very far into the classroom to drop off books.
- Students will read book numbers and staff will make a record of books turned in
- Mr. Beach and Mrs. Rasmussen will set up a table that allows for social distancing outside the locker rooms.
- Only one student in the locker room at a time
- Students will empty their lockers and read their lock number to Mr. Beach/Mrs. Rasmussen and then turn in their locks
- Pam and Paras will set up a table barrier at the doorway. Students will read computer and charger numbers when turning in chromebooks.
- One person at a time turning in books and chromebooks.
- Students should return their Chromebook, charger, case and carrying strap.
- Students will be charged for textbooks, chromebook items or library books that are not returned or are damaged
- Students will return books at the table as well
** Students planning to participate in the Summer Academy should turn in their Chromebooks next week and Chromebooks will be returned on the first day of the Summer Academy.
Mr. Thomas will be in the cafeteria taking uniforms
Lost and found:
Clothes and shoes and other items will be spread out on tables in the cafeteria for students to look at. Clothes will be displayed so students do not have to dig through piles of clothes to find things that belong to them.
"It is the policy of the Humboldt Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age (for employment), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status (for programs), socioeconomic status (for programs), national origin, disability, or religion in its educational programs and employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.7. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy please contact the Humboldt Community School District, Lisa Thul, Assistant Finance Manager, 23 3rd St N PO Box 130 Dakota City, IA 50529; 515-332-1330, email@example.com, or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; web site: https://icrc.iowa.gov. or Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, 312-730-1560-Fax 312-730-1576, OCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
" Es la política del Distrito Escolar de la Comunidad de Humboldt no discriminar por motivos de raza , credo , color, edad ( para el empleo ) , sexo , orientación sexual , identidad de género , estado civil (por programas ) , nivel socioeconómico (por programas) , origen nacional , discapacidad o religión en sus programas educativos y prácticas de empleo como lo require la sección del código de Iowa 216.7 . Si tiene preguntas o quejas relacionadas con el cumplimiento de esta política por favor en contacto con el distrito Humboldt Comunidad Escolar , Lisa Thul , Finanzas Gerente Adjunto , 23 3rd St N PO Box 130 Dakota City , IA 50529 ; 515-332-1330 email@example.com, o la Comisión de Derechos Civiles de Iowa , Grimes State Office Building , 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines , IA 50319-1004 ; número de teléfono 515-281-4121 , 800-457-4416 ; sitio web: https://icrc.iowa.gov o el Director de la Oficina de Derechos Civiles del Departamento de Educación de Estados Unidos, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60,661 mil-7,204 mil, 312-730-1560 312-730-1576-Fax, OCR.firstname.lastname@example.org