Wildcat HS Announcements
- Saturday-Robotics Competition, Grundy Center at 9:00
- Volleyball Banquet--Monday, November 18th at 6:00 in the high school cafeteria. Please bring your own table service and drinks, along with 1 large or 2 dishes for the potluck.banquet.
- Winter Formal: All detention time MUST be served by Friday, December 6th by NOON. Students with remaining detention time will NOT be allowed to attend Winter Formal. Winter Formal Date Sign up will begin November 25th. Non-Humboldt students must be directly accompanied by a Humboldt student. Non-Humboldt students MUST provide an ID at the door to be allowed in. Winter Formal tickets will be on sale before school, after school, and during all lunch waves starting November 25th. Tickets are $5 in advance, $6 at the door.
- Spanish Club Members: Order your t-shirts online. Please order by November 27th. https://www.imagemarket.com/4865b494
- Wrestling apparel is available at the following link. The link will close Sunday, November 17. https://humboldt-wildcatwrestlingclub.itemorder.com/sale
- Mini Wildcat football helmets for sale-only $20 and customizable, which makes them a great gift idea. They also offer a desk pen holder version as well. If you are interested, a form is attached to fill out and return to Derrick Elman at Taft (firstname.lastname@example.org) by next Monday, November 18th.
- The Boys Basketball team store is open and can be accessed at the following web address. The store closes on November 17. Orders will arrive before Christmas. https://humboldt-basketball.itemorder.com/
- There will be a meeting of freshman students interested in speech at 3:30 today in the Little Aud. We will work on group formation and choosing content. If you are interested and unable to attend please inform Mr.Terwilliger or Ms.Quade,
- Music boosters are having a meeting on Monday November 18th at 6:30
- The Humboldt Athletic Boosters has been selected as the beneficiary of the Hy Vee reusable bag Program that supports local nonprofits! Each time a $2.50 red My Heart reusable bag is purchased at the Humboldt HyVee during the month of November we will receive a one dollar donation. Thanks for your support!
- Reminder-- PE Opt out activity logs should be turned in to the office when practice for your winter sport begins.
- Spring Registration for Iowa Central Classes is now open – please see Mrs. Powers if you are interested in taking a college class.
- Check out the Guidance Page on the School website for great scholarship opportunities!
- IMAGINE AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP- is for high school seniors or recent graduates planning to attend a career school participating in the Imagine America High School Scholarship Program. (Participating career schools are listed at www.imagine-america.org/our-schools/.) Who can apply? Anyone who has graduated or will graduate from high school between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, and plans to attend a career school participating in the Imagine
America High School Scholarship Program. You can apply online at www.imagine-america.org/cehe-scholarships/. Applicants must graduate in the calendar year 2020 with a GPA of 2.5 or above and enroll in a participating career college. Applicants may also be requested to demonstrate a commitment to community service and/or financial need.
- University of Miami Summer program-At the University of Miami’s Summer Scholars Program, students get the chance to litigate a mock trial, participate in a medical scenario in a state-of-the-art simulation hospital, or get up close and personal with sharks and dolphins all while earning six college credits. High-achieving high school sophomores and juniors can gain authentic college experience and earn six college credits this summer in a variety of areas while exploring their academic passions and considering their future career opportunities. Students who apply before December 1, 2019, can use waiver code “EARLYBIRD” to receive 50 percent off the application fee. There are also scholarships available. For more information go to https://ssp.dcie.miami.edu/
- Three-week Summer Scholars Program (credit): For high school sophomores and juniors The program runs July 4–24, 2020
- Two-week, UM Academies (non-credit): For high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors The program runs July 4–17, 2020
- College Rep schedule for juniors and seniors:
- November 25-Ellsworth Community College at 11:00
- Sign up outside Mrs. Powers’ office, and make arrangements with your teachers for missed work.
Wildcat Football Mini Helmet order
We will be ordering custom mini Wildcat football helmets from Jack Sports in Clarion (https://jack-sports.com/). Helmets can have numbers added at no additional cost. They offer both the standard mini helmet and a mini helmet desk caddy pen holder. Both models are only $20.
Name: ___________________ Number ______________________
Mini helmet amount: ______ Number(s) (optional): ____________
Desk Caddy amount ______ Number(s) (optional): ____________
Total helmets ordered: ______ x $20 each Total $: ____________
If your mini helmet is a gift, please make sure to indicate that, and I will contact you when it gets here.
Orders due to Coach Elman by Monday, November 18.