Wildcat HS Announcements
- Homecoming Days-Week of September 30 through October 4:
- TODAY-Celebrity Day
- Tuesday-Biker vs Surfer Day
- Wednesday-Western Day
- Thursday-Throw Back to Parents’ High School years
- Friday-Blue & Gold Day
- FCA will meet in Room 21 (Mrs. Beach’s room) at 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday morning! Please join us – all are welcome!
- Silver Cord Opportunity: Need help with set building for the musical. See Mr. Shutt (choir teacher).
- Wednesday – All Students & Staff will be walking the trail during Homeroom. Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear your walking shoes!
- FFA Members – pick up fundraising packets in Mrs. Meyers’ room.
- Students are reminded they must have all detention time served before 4:00 pm on October 3rd if they want to attend the Homecoming Dance.
- HS Activities September 30-October 4
- TODAY-Cross Country @ Algona 4:455
JV Football vs Boone @ home 6:00
- Tuesday—Swim Meet @ Southeast Polk 5:30
Volleyball vs Clarion/Goldfield/Dows @ home 6:00
- Thursday-Thrill Night (High School Students) Dodge Ball/talent show/pizza & pop 7:00-9:00
9th Football @ 4:45
Varsity Football DC-Grimes @ 7:30
- Saturday-Algona Band Days
- Interested in making new friends and having fun with peers of different abilities? An informational meeting to learn about "Friends Club" will be held during homeroom on Thursday, October 3rd in room 22. Please sign up and grab a pass to attend in Rm 22 from Ms. DeDe.
- SENIORS - We need to know how you would like your name printed on your diploma. Please pick up a form in the office and return by October 25th.
- Seniors can now submit suggestions for the Senior Class Quote. There are note cards and a collection box in the Media Center for you to submit your favorite inspirational quote. Seniors will vote on the quotes at a later date.
- If you borrow an ice pack from the nurse, please return it when you are finished with it.
- Fine Arts Weekend for Waldorf University. Sept. 27th and Sept. 28th at the campus in Forest City. Students can come to Rm 15 for further information and registration link.
- Check out the Guidance Page on the School website for great scholarship opportunities!
- Still Tests Available-Sign up in the office. COST: $17 The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a standardized test administered by the College Board and co-sponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. The test will measure math, evidence-based reading and writing. Students in 10th and 11th grade can take the PSAT/NMSQT to measure readiness for college, access scholarships, and practice for the SAT. The test will be administered on OCTOBER 16, 2019 in the high school auditorium.
- High School students should not be in the Middle School before or after school.
- Fill out the FAFSA Night will be held on Tuesday, October 8th in the high school media center from 6-7:30 pm for seniors and their parent/guardian. There will be some laptops available otherwise you are welcome to bring your own as well. Please RSVP by calling the high school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Rep schedule for juniors and seniors:
- Oct. 7 Buena Vista University at 9 am
- Oct. 10 Drake University at 2 pm
- Oct. 21 Waldorf University at 2:45 pm
- Oct. 24 Northwest Iowa Community College at 10:15 am
Sign up outside Mrs. Powers’ office, and make arrangements with your teachers for missed work.
"It is the policy of the Humboldt Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age (for employment), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status (for programs), socioeconomic status (for programs), national origin, disability, or religion in its educational programs and employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.7. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy please contact the Humboldt Community School District, Lisa Thul, Assistant Finance Manager, 23 3rd St N PO Box 130 Dakota City, IA 50529; 515-332-1330, email@example.com, or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; web site: https://icrc.iowa.gov. or Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, 312-730-1560-Fax 312-730-1576, OCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
" Es la política del Distrito Escolar de la Comunidad de Humboldt no discriminar por motivos de raza , credo , color, edad ( para el empleo ) , sexo , orientación sexual , identidad de género , estado civil (por programas ) , nivel socioeconómico (por programas) , origen nacional , discapacidad o religión en sus programas educativos y prácticas de empleo como lo require la sección del código de Iowa 216.7 . Si tiene preguntas o quejas relacionadas con el cumplimiento de esta política por favor en contacto con el distrito Humboldt Comunidad Escolar , Lisa Thul , Finanzas Gerente Adjunto , 23 3rd St N PO Box 130 Dakota City , IA 50529 ; 515-332-1330 email@example.com, o la Comisión de Derechos Civiles de Iowa , Grimes State Office Building , 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines , IA 50319-1004 ; número de teléfono 515-281-4121 , 800-457-4416 ; sitio web: https://icrc.iowa.gov o el Director de la Oficina de Derechos Civiles del Departamento de Educación de Estados Unidos, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60,661 mil-7,204 mil, 312-730-1560 312-730-1576-Fax, OCR.firstname.lastname@example.org