High School Announcements
- High School Activities-See the school website for details on COVID restrictions at activity locations
- Thursday 10-1
- CC @ Estherville 5:00 (face coverings encouraged)
- Friday 10-2
- V FB @ Mason City 7:00
- Saturday 1/3 Marching Band Extravaganza @ HS Football Field 7:00 PM
- Monday 10-5
- 9th/10th FB @home vs Mason City 6:00
- JV FB @ Iowa Falls/Alden 6:00
- Thursday 10-1
- The Humboldt High School and Middle School will have Marching Band Extravaganza -Saturday, October 3rd starting at 7 p.m. at the high school football field. Free will donation for admission, proceeds to the music department. Plan to attend and watch an evening full of great music from the high school and 7/8th grade bands. Masks required.
- Baseball pitchers and catchers in grades 8-12 will have a team long toss session Saturday at 11:00. The session will last approximately 45 minutes and is voluntary.
- MAP Testing make up will be next week. Testing will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Students needing to make up MAP testing will be contacted.
- Picture retakes for high school students will be the afternoon of October 8. A definite time has not been determined. Retakes must be prepaid before October 6 at the following link.
">Retake Humboldt Community School District 2020</a>OR http://orderschoolpix.com/30555
- MESSAGE FROM MIDWEST PORTRAITS: All school pictures are up and ready to be viewed. midwest.orderschoolpix.com is the website. The passwords/code for each student is their student ID number. Parents - please check your junk folders and your child's ID number can be found on your lunch card or Infinite Campus. If you have more than one student at the same school you can add multiple students on your order, but if they are in different buildings it has to be a different order. This year all packages will be shipped to the designated address of the person ordering pictures, they will NOT be coming to the school. Class composites will be distributed after retake day. There are tabs on the top of the ordering menu to choose between prints, products and packages.
- PSAT will be administered at the High School on October 14. The Preliminary SAT, also known as the PSAT/NMSQT® (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test), is a practice version of the SAT exam. You can only take the PSAT once per year, and many students take the test in both 10th and 11th grade. If you earn a high score on the PSAT in your junior year, you could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship—$180 million dollars in merit scholarships are awarded to students each year. The PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and tests your skills in reading, writing, and math. Sign up at the table outside the office if you are interested. There is a limited number of tests available. Cost is $17
- Friends Club will be meeting during home room on Wednesday, October 7 in room 22. Anyone wanting more information about Friends Club prior to the meeting can ask Ms. DeDe in room 22 or Lexie Davis. Note the date change.
- GSA (gay-straight alliance) meeting this Thursday, October 1st at 3:25 PM in the auditorium lobby. This will be a social gathering with snacks and possibly a movie.
- FFA Apparel sales? https://shop.envisiontees.com/humboldt_ffa_2020/shop/home Orders can be shipped to home or to school, there are 2 color options, and 4 clothing options, and face masks or "buffers" available. The online store closes October 11th at 11:55 PM.
- Claim Aid- 2 separate scholarships Deadline January 15, 2021. The Star Student Scholarship of Iowa- - for a graduating senior who receives special education services and plans to attend college or university. Special Education Teacher Scholarship of Iowa- graduating senior who plans to study Education specifically Special Education. Apply: http://www.claimaid.com/iowa-scholarships
- Drake University is partnering with Iowa State University and Iowa Central Community College to host a virtual event for high school seniors! It is an opportunity for students to learn about three great higher education institutions in Iowa. Additionally, there will be breakout rooms for Q&A so students are able to ask questions to specific institutions. Monday, October 5th at 6 pm. Register: https://apply.drake.edu/register/?id=687648eb-b205-41cf-a330-94f4a930c72d