High School Announcements
● High School Activities
o Friday, September 8
▪ Football @home vs Van Meter, 9th 4:30, V 7:00
o Saturday, September 9
▪ JV Volleyball tournament @ Southern Cal 8:00
▪ 9th/10th Volleyball tournament @ Forest City 9:00
o September 18-22-HOMECOMING WEEK—watch announcements for details
o Monday, September 18
▪ No school
▪ Cross Country @ Ballard 4:30
▪ JV Football @ home vs Kuemper Catholic 6:00
● RVTV will be in town on Thursday, September 7. Activities begin at 4:00. There will be an end of the day assembly tomorrow. Watch your email for tomorrow’s class schedule. There will be no CATS time. HS Class Schedule: Periods 1-5 normal No CATS time
6th: 12:37 – 1:19
7th: 1:23 – 2:05
8th: 2:09 – 2:51 Go with 8th Period Class to Assembly
● The ISU wrestling team will be doing a demonstration on main street at the Cy-Hawk event downtown at 7:00 p.m.
● FFA informational meeting next week on Tuesday during CATS time for all students interested in being in FFA this year?
● High School wrestlers, we have a great opportunity for Humboldt! The Iowa State wrestling team is providing a clinic for all Humboldt boys and girls wrestlers over the next four Sundays. It will be in the high school wrestling room from 4-6 p.m. each opportunity. There is no cost to you, so please plan to attend.
● HOMECOMING WEEK 2023/2024 TUESDAY, September 19th: Theme: Texas Tuxedo: Wear all denim and western wear. 6:00: Parade (Route TBA) 7:00 Following Parade: Community Pep Rally / Coronation* FREE WILL DONATION at the door WEDNESDAY, September 20th: Theme: Anything but a backpack: All school supplies can be carried by anything other than a backpack. Students may be asked to put their items in the hall or their lockers during class to limit distractions in the classroom. THURSDAY, September 21st:
Theme: Out of This World: Dress in your fly-est spacesuit or slime-free alien wear. Superfan @ Volleyball vs. Hampton/Dumont/CAL FRIDAY, September 22nd: Theme: Wildcat Wear: Wear BLUE & GOLD. Superfan for Football vs. Hampton/Dumont/CAL Homecoming Court Recognition at halftime
● FCA will be starting soon (stay tuned for future details), but this is a great way to kick things off for the school year. We will be attending an event on Sept 10th at Faith Community Church featuring the Storm Lake Honda Off-Roading Team. We will leave at 5pm and be home at 8:30pm. Transportation, Supper, Entertainment and Fellowship provided. Please sign up with Mrs. Beach by Friday at 3pm! ● The Humboldt Dance Team will be hosting ‘fill the truck events’ over the next several weeks. ▪ Football game September 8th from 6-7:45pm we will be set up at the high school between the admission gate and concession stand. We will be collecting animal shelter supplies: bleach, pinesol, pee pads, gloves, kong toys, taste of the wild dog food, honest kitchen dog food, redford grain free wet cat food, treats, red/blue kote, towels, martingale style collars, and slip leads. ▪ Homecoming football game on September 22nd from 6-7:45pm we will be set up at the high school between the admission gate and concession stand. We will be collecting new and gently used clothing items and blankets for people in need. ▪ At all of these events, we will also have a bucket for monetary donations for local shelters.
● High School and Middle School Picture Day—September 12; Taft & Mease—September 14. Retake Day—September 28. Watch the announcements for more details on ordering.
● Silver Cord Opportunity—PATHS is hosting a Back To School Bash on September 11, 5-7 PM. Any high school student interested in volunteering and earning Silver Cord hours, please contact Brittany Ganeff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Cat Café is open on Fridays 7:20-8:45.
● Wildcat Warrior’s Game Club will meet every Monday and Thursday in the media center from 3:30-5:30. Bring a new game to teach or come and learn a new game. Many new games Gloomhaven, Marvel Dice Throne, Turing Machine, Sorcerer’s Arena and Her Story to name a few.. To join the REMIND, send a text to 81010 and text this message @3ce28be–Mr. Lauger and Mr. Doslund
● Hey, Wildcat Family! The Music Boosters are in need of help in the concession stand for 7-12 football season. Please sign up using the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuaIJH4Prbnj15p4A06cLwytcxEocXP77zUbGtbfH4k/edit?usp=sharing
● The Humboldt High School 2024 yearbook online ordering link is now available here. Special early bird pricing is now available through September 15th. Get yours now before the price increase! If you wish to pay for a yearbook via cash or check, please contact the yearbook advisor at email@example.com for instructions. ● 2024 marks the 80th “anniversary” of D-Day. We have been given a special opportunity to go on a trip overseas to commemorate all of the D-Day reenactments. Click here for a basic itinerary. If you or your student(s) would like to travel with us, please join us for a trip meeting on Wednesday, September 13th, in the high school library at 6:30 PM. When considering, please remember that the trip has to be during the first half of June to coincide with D-Day commemoration.
● Want to travel the world? Join Humboldt High School in 2025 on a trip to PANAMA. It will be an exciting adventure with lots of memories to be made. To check out all about the trip, click here. There will be an informational meeting in September. Watch your announcements for the meeting date and time! Any questions, please contact Mrs. Myers ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) at the high school.